Share Facebook

10-20-2013, 03:51 AM   #1
acc929

My Support Groups:
SCD/Paleo Mug Cake Recipe Share

Hi all!

So I JUST started SCD a couple weeks ago after a particularly nasty episode. I'm a Masters student living in Paris, so my living space is small and my kitchen even smaller - I definitely don't have an oven, not even of the toaster variety. Since SCD requires a lot of cooking, having only a microwave and two hot plates makes it that much more of a challenge. And the boulangeries on every corner taunt me all day, every day.

Enter the mug cake and other microwave 'baked goods'! Because the ingredients are still high quality I think that mug cakes are great for SCDers and SCD caretakers because of how little prep and mess is involved and how fast they are to make - I'm sure preparing SCD for part of the family and regular for the other part gets hard and this is a good time-saver, not to mention craving-squasher. I also don't have baking accessories and so am unable to measure my ingredients. I'm including the recipes for the mug cake I like the best and a microwave pizza crust my mom sent me but I haven't been able to try (almond flour is really hard to find here )

pizza:
1/3 Cup Almond Meal
1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/4 Cup Shredded Parmesan
1 Egg
1 tsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Water
Coconut Oil for greasing ramekin
1 Can Hunt's Crushed Tomatoes for sauce (or blend a can of diced tomatoes)
Provolone cheese slices
Favorite Toppings

Mix wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls.
Combine wet and dry ingredients.
Grease the ramekin and evenly spread mixture into the dish.
Microwave for 2 minutes.
Once cooled slice into 4 thin discs.
Top each one with a can of crushed tomatoes, provolone cheese, and your favorite toppings.
Melt under broiler and serve.

banana mug cake:

in a mug or bowl, combine

1 ripe banana, mashed
1 heaping spoonful of honey
1 heaping spoonful almond butter
1 egg
1 spoonful coconut flour (almonf flr equivalent would be good i bet)
1 pinch baking soda
cinnamon (optional, to taste)

mash banana well with honey, add other ingredients and stir very well (i use a fork, blender would obviously be optimal). microwave 2.5 mins.

Share your recipes!
11-10-2013, 07:44 AM   #2
Lisa56

Thank you for the recipes. I am often looking for easy meals to make for work. These look like they fit the criteria-quick, easy, portable.
11-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #3
DamnitCrohns

My Support Groups:
Unfortunately i'm finding that nut flour recipes actually mess me up worse than standard SCD illegal cakes! Thanks for sharing though, i'd be all over these otherwise.
11-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #4
Lisa56

I was unable to use nut flours at first. I went back and used the pecanbread.com steps of SCD with fab success. Now nut flours are just fine. I had a lot of healing to do before I was able to move on. I had to be very careful to add one food at a time also.
02-23-2014, 11:10 PM   #5
malvinadny

Recently I have been searching for mug cake recipe and thanks for posting the recipe that I needed..I surely give a try on it..