• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hiccups and acid reflux

Hi there, are you eating little meals? It can be helpful. Then you might want to be careful with things like coffee, tomatoes and even sometimes bananas. Look out for foods that are acidic for sure.
Try to sit up and not lay down for a while after you eat. It takes some adjusting after a resection. I ate real bland for sometime after. I started with homemade chicken soup and saltines. Rice crispies if you can eat cereal. Go easy on fats and carbs.
Ask to see a nutritionist or be sure to ask your Dr. See if the Dr. can give you omeprazole.

Hope you feel better soon.
Much peace.

Hey Jenny - I have had this too, in addition to having a lot of hiccups when my bowel is distended. Turns out I have a hiatal hernia (hope I am mentioning the right one - it's the one off the stomach). I believe mine has pushed a little way through the diaphragm, and I believe that when either volume of material in the stomach or excess pressure in the abdomen occur, it causes an irritation of the diaphragm causing the hiccups. I have been told that this is also a strong contributor to the acid reflux that I have, and for which I am taking pariet. Has there been any mention of a hernia for you?