Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Question about Medronidazole

10-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
Melibean

My Support Groups:
Question about Medronidazole

Hello All,
I had my first endoscopy today and that went ok.
I'm starting Metronidazole and I really haven't seen anyone talk about it. Has anyone taken it before and has it helped?
10-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
PsychoJane

My Support Groups:
Hi Melibean,
Don't worry about this treatment. You might already know it under is generic name. Metronidazole is the antibiotic Flagyl. It is generally paired with cipro to treat IBD after diagnosis and for the treatment of abscess and fistula. What is interesting about this antibiotic is that it also show the ability to reduce digestive inflammation.

Aside from the side effects, it is beneficial in my case. Unfortunately, it causes nausea in many people, especially during the first few days and it leaves a rather annoying taste.

Currently taking: Omega-3, D-3, med-free for the time being.
~~Oh! n sorry if what I write seems strange at times, English is not my main language!~~

You'd like to chat and feel facebook would ease this point,
send me a private message and i'll do so =)
10-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
PsychoJane

My Support Groups:
Oh, also, don't be surprise if your urine is really really dark. It is common with this medication, remember to drink plenty of water!
10-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #4
Melibean

My Support Groups:
Hi Melibean,
Don't worry about this treatment. You might already know it under is generic name. Metronidazole is the antibiotic Flagyl. It is generally paired with cipro to treat IBD after diagnosis and for the treatment of abscess and fistula. What is interesting about this antibiotic is that it also show the ability to reduce digestive inflammation.

Aside from the side effects, it is beneficial in my case. Unfortunately, it causes nausea in many people, especially during the first few days and it leaves a rather annoying taste.
Thanks Jane,
I just woke up from my nap and I'm feeling sick to my stomach. This is the only medicine besides one other that treats spasims I take that when my stomach starts hirts past ansix.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Question about Medronidazole