• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ostomy guard

I have the Freedom Guard and it works great for me. I've only used it a few times so far, but I like it. One of our members, JennaRae, bought one and she made a testimonial video that is on their website.
http://youtu.be/HQ2MuY_YvA8

I bought the Stoma Stifler before that for the protective aspect of it, but with that one, you tape one side of it to your skin and I am very sensitive to adhesive tape, so that didn't work for me. Also, the stoma can't drain to the bottom of the bag without you lifting up the protective cup from time to time.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I'm tagging Nyx to see if she's tried either or if she could possibly recommend something else. :)

Nyx

I've never tried any kind of guard. I got kicked in the stoma when my stepdaughter was 5 and I survived that without any damage, so I haven't felt the need to buy a guard. I bought the stealth belt when I first got my stoma, but didn't like it at all...the way my bag had to be put on sideways didn't work for me - it just made my stool pool around my stoma.

Sorry this hasn't been more helpful!

I use the same guard as Hainman when playing football just for peace of mind, It is bulky but serves it's purpose well.