Share Facebook


10-27-2013, 03:20 AM   #1
bettyboop12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United Kingdom

My Support Groups:
Conceiving with mild active colitis

I have crohns, my recent colonoscopy has showed mild active colitis and I'm planning get to start a family soon.

I'm on aza and have been for last 11 months

I wondered if anyone has anyone has similar to me and conceived? If so, how was your pregnancy?
__________________
--------------------------------------------
Meds:
Azathoprine 100mg
Just started actimel sept 13
11-24-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
raechel
Senior Member
 
raechel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Michigan

My Support Groups:
I'm sorry to see that it's been nearly a month and you haven't received any replies. My situation does not sound very similar to yours, but I am pregnant(27 weeks) with Crohns. I have never been on aza long term because I was allergic to it, so I'm not much help there. My crohns was moderately active and worsening when I conceived(unplanned and very suprisingly). Throughout the pregnancy so far my crohns has not changed much, but at least it hasn't worsened. I have had a few more issues with the crohns related arthritis and erythema nodosum though. I know it can be tough trying to make decisions about getting pregnant while sick, and I wish you the best of luck!
__________________
Diagnosed 2007, 1 resection in dec 2010 (12 inches of illeum and cecum), several abcesses.

Meds I've tried:Stelara, Pentasa, Entocort, Prednisone (over and over again) Remicade, Humira, Flagyl, 6MP, Imuran, Methotrexate.. I'm sure there's more I can't think of...
11-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
michelle222
 
Join Date: Nov 2013

My Support Groups:
Hi. I am in the same boat as you, I can't seem to get myself into "full remission". After waiting a couple of years to get into complete remission, and failing each time, I am considering risking it and just trying to conceive. At this point I seem to be having mild Crohn's symptoms, so I want to get started now but I am nervous to make that decision. I don't want to do anything to jeopardize my baby's health but I'm almost 29 and I don't want to wait forever....

Wish I had more helpful information for you. Please keep me updated on your journey and what you decide to do.
11-25-2013, 04:58 PM   #4
bettyboop12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United Kingdom

My Support Groups:
Hi

Thank you for your responses!

I saw my gi about a month ago and he said mild active is probably the best I'm going to get at the moment and gave me permission to try for a family.

I have not got any worse so we decided to try. I think this is a Window of opportunity and while I am well enough, I think it's a good time to start trying, who knows when and if I'm going to have anymore flares.
Reply

Thread Tools


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.
Copyright 2006-2017 Crohnsforum.com