• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Doctor to Doctor and still searching!

Is it really possible to find a good GI? Diagnosed I'm August 2006 after a year of suffering, oh wait I'm STILL suffering! First GI wanted to only do steroids and pain pills which only helped short term and made things worse in the long run. Second GI didn't want to start any treatment besides steroids. Third GI placed me on Lialda which feels like I've gotten ten times worse. The pain, BM's, gas, bloating everything is so much worse. I've stopped taking it on my own. Day 5 off it and I'm still having the same problems. Can't eat, can't sleep, can't function and I feel worthless. I have kids and can't be laid up like this. I feel like this GI intentionally put me through this due to previous complaints of GI doctors. Is it too much to ask for an actual Crohns treatment plan? 7 years of suffering is long enough.

David

Co-Founder
Hi Jaded and welcome to the community. I'm so sorry to hear about your suffering and poor treatment plans :( As for doing WORSE on Lialda, be careful, as about 3% of people who take it DO end up doing worse and need to come off it. Be sure to communicate that you're doing worse with your GI so they can evaluate that. And yes, I agree 100% with you that you need a stronger treatment plan than you've been getting.

We're here for you.

All my best to you.