Share Facebook

10-31-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
Dereksmagic

Dating someone with UC or Crohns

I remember reading a post, and im pretty sure it was on this site, about what to expect and what you need to understand when being involved with a person that has UC or Crohns, Does anyone know what the post that im talking about or have a link to an article or post that is along the lines of what im talking about?

Thanks.

Colitis/Crohns
Balasalazide
Uceris (Replaced my Prednisone)
Chlordiazepoxide (Anti-cramping meds)
Humera - 40mg pen every week

Pain
Percocets 10/325 x6
Fentenyl Patch 50mg/hr
Methocarbamol (Muscle relaxers for my spasms)

Supps
Multi Vitamin Gummys
Iron Supplement
Hair, Skin and Nails (My hair is falling out!)
Trunature - Probiotics
B12 Injections
10-31-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
Skiwee626

Not sure if this will help you Derek, but I ask for the forum to to try and scare me with what could be the worse case with Crohns. I got some feed back and please by all means check it out.
10-31-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
jwfoise

Sorry, I don't recall the post either.

My wife and I have been married over 23 years and she had Crohn's for a while before we even met. My serious introduction to the disease was our first out-of-town trip as a couple (to a wedding of a friend of mine), where she had a serious flare and we ended up spending a couple of hours in the ER. But as I said, I married her anyway, and it was the best decision I've ever made, Crohn's or not.
11-01-2013, 03:22 AM   #4
Dereksmagic

I know its around here somewhere! it was a girl wanting info about her bf having crohns, and someone posted a list of things that she is in for that we UC / cronies have to deal with constantly.

grrr I wish I could find it.
11-01-2013, 05:03 AM   #5
shamrock15
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
There was a post on that theme a couple months back. I know that I commented on it. I just put "dating and crohns" into the search function at the top, and several hits showed up right away. Give it a whirl, and see if you can find the one you are looking for.