• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

35 year man old with Crohns

Hi everybody. Here's my story,I'll try to keep it as brief as possible.
In January of this year I began to get pains in my abdomen and had a constant urge to urinate. Went to the doctor and was told it was a bladder infection. Was put on a course of antibiotics and that seemed to relieve the pain and the urge to urinate.
A week later it came back, back to the doctor I went and this time he referred me to the hospital for scans. Went in on Friday and had scans and X-rays and was kept in overnight.
Was diagnosed with Crohn's the next day. The scan showed that a section of my bowel was badly damaged and would have to be removed. Was quiet shocked as I never had any symptoms of Crohns. I was then told the damaged section would have to be removed in 6 weeks.
Ended up getting 13inches removed. Was in hospital for 12 days post op and lost over a stone and a quarter (17pounds) in that time. Post op was out of work 3 months as I couldn't lift any weight (couldn't even lift my one year old son in that time).
As I stands I've put the weight back on and am generally feeling well. Am taking Pentasa 500mg x 2 three times a day and in the last week have started on 25mg of 6mp. This is starting to give me back pain, anybody else experience this?
That's my story so far. Thanks for listening and any feedback will be very welcome.

Hiesenberg! I only just discovered Breaking Bad and I have been watching it on Netflix while I recover from my resection surgery! I only have 2 more episodes left in the final season :(