• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi,
I was 50 years old when i was diagnosed with crohns in 2003.
Never been on meds or had surgery until 2013.
Up to that point I had an average of one obstruction a year, I would tough it out for usually 12 to 24 hours of severe craps, cramping and vomiting.
I then I was good for that year. Saw gi once a year, colonoscopy every 2 years.
This year there was no movement from either end, so fast trip to ER in May.
Spent 4 days there on liquid diet. Barium meal and surgery scheduled.
Had 70 cm of resection on Aug. 27, also CT Surgery for abbesses. Got out of hospital sept.13.
I notice here that people mention stress as a possible trigger.
I was laid of from my job in 2011 (29 years service). Jobs were off shored to Asia. I fell into a deep funk lost 20 lbs in 1 month.
Meet with GI next week propably to decide drug regime.
Cheers
Norm

Last edited:

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hi Norman1978 and welcome to the forum! :D Sorry for the late reply.

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Obstructions are not fun at all and can be very dangerous. Have you seen your GI already? If so what did they suggest?

Stress can definitely be a possible trigger yet avoiding stress entirely simply isn't possible unfortunately. You could look into ways to better manage stress though if you're interested. Some members have mentioned trying therapy, yoga, acupuncture, aroma therapy, meditation etc.

Keep us posted on how you're doing. :)