Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Stoma Subforum » Colostomate with swollen stoma

11-10-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
moonbeam999

Colostomate with swollen stoma

Any one here has a stoma for colostomy? My stoma has been swollen and very painful now for over a week. I have had my colostomy for 4 years and have never experienced this before. My stoma and surrounding area is also very painful when poop is coming out. Have gotten the runaround from doctors about this. Will be going to the ER today for help today.
11-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #2
BowelMeOver

I wish I had reassuring answers to give you, but I have no experience such as yours to speak of. I do hope you get some quality care in the ER, and they find a solution to the pain you are dealing with.
Contrast enema + flex scope 11-18-2013 = approved for reversal!
Reversal scheduled for December 19th. Egads!

Sometimes hope is the best medicine. Don't give up!
11-10-2013, 11:47 PM   #3
moonbeam999

Dr in er says I have a prolapsed stoma. Its a small prolapse and he says he will leave it alone for now
11-11-2013, 12:00 AM   #4
BowelMeOver

I wonder if you would get any relief from wearing a support belt? There are lots of posts in this forum regarding prolapsed stomas, which can be found by typing that into the search bar. Hopefully, you can find some tips that will help you manage this until the doctor feels it's necessary to do more.

Best of luck to you.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Stoma Subforum » Colostomate with swollen stoma