Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Really painful headaches whilst flaring??

11-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #1
HorseLover!!

My Support Groups:
Really painful headaches whilst flaring??

I get really painful headaches pretty much like a migraine they mainly happen whilst I'm flaring and sometimes when I'm not(I do have a problem with my jaw) but I have noticed that whilst I'm in a flare my head starts to really hurt and I also end up feeling really dizzy and my vision blurs-I have collapsed due to this, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them??

Had my first Colonoscopy and Endoscopy at age 2 1/2 years old

Diagnosed with Crohn's in 1998 when I turned 3

19 Years and counting with Crohn's!

Previous: Prednisolone and Pentasa slow release, Had tube feeding at age 3, Azathioprine

Currently in a flare but not taking any medication because doctor hasn't bothered to prescribe anything

My HORSE is not just a HORSE, he is my SANITY, my HAPPINESS, my THERAPIST and my BEST FRIEND

11-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
Essieluv

I had this happen to me. It was determined that the headaches were caused by Humira, and I had to go off of it. I still struggle with the headaches, my neuro said they may take years to go away. But it is much better now. I am also on two meds for the headaches, zonisamide and amitriptyline. Are you on any meds? Headaches can be a major side effect for many medications. I think it wouldn't hurt to get this checked out by a doctor, and maybe get an MRI of your head done. I had this performed to rule out any other possible cause, and it relieved me so much.

Waiting for a cure!
11-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
HorseLover!!

My Support Groups:
I'm on Azathioprine, but I can only take paracetamol for the headaches to be honest the paracetamol doesn't touch the headaches so I have given up taking it, yeah I think I'm going to ring an make an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow.
11-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #4
Axelfl3333

Dehydration and loss of electrolytes won,t help.good luck
11-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #5
Ckoenig

I get them too! Well I had 3 migraines after starting 6mp. I have gone off of it now, but today I feel a bit of a headache. I feel like it starts behind my eyes, usually my right. It was so bad the other day I nearly went to the ER. I hope I don't get another one. !!

Mother of Tyler (13) Twin Girls Rian (11) Victoria (11)
My girlfriend is amazingly supportive!

Dx'd with Crohn's Disease 8/29/2013 6 inches of diseased terminal illeum. As of December 2014 currently in remission!

Humira as of Dec 18
B-12 injections monthly
2,000 iu Vit D daily
250 mg florastor probiotic 2 x daily
.25 Xanax as needed
11-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #6
HorseLover!!

My Support Groups:
I get them too! Well I had 3 migraines after starting 6mp. I have gone off of it now, but today I feel a bit of a headache. I feel like it starts behind my eyes, usually my right. It was so bad the other day I nearly went to the ER. I hope I don't get another one. !!
2 day ago I nearly went to A&E because it was so bad but I didn't because I couldn't stand up to get in the car so I just let it pass but it's still around and hurting my head like crazy I hope that it passes soon!!

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Really painful headaches whilst flaring??