Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » It's that time of year...

11-13-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
MissCadenza

It's that time of year...

...where people who should be at home tucked up in bed come into work with raging colds, coughs and sneezes and then come over to my desk and breathe/sneeze on me and make me ill.

I was just getting over one cold, was feeling much much better, then this morning I can't stop sneezing, my head feels all urghy and stuffy and I generally feel wretched.

And of course being as lovely Imuran has taken my immune system down to the effectiveness of a chocolate teapot, it's going to take me about three weeks to shift this cold.

I used to like winter and laugh in the face of people who had colds because I never got them. Sadly this is no longer the case.

Argh! Pass the tissues...
11-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #2
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
Sorry you feel poorly! Do you keep hand sanitizer/wipes at your work space? I would keep them prominently displayed, and potentially even post a sign (nicely worded) about sick people keeping their distance.....I do it all the time at work - and kind of make a joke about it to my close co-workers...but if I had someone visit who was obviously sick I wouldn't hesitate to ask them to keep their distance.

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
11-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
I'm with paso on wipes and sanitizer gel. I literally sprayed Lysol in my office the second a sick co-worker left. I don't care what people think, I have enough health issues already and I don't need anyone's germs
11-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
mere282

My Support Groups:
I dread this time of year! I use to work in a salon and I did a lot of kids..
I finally had to tell their parents.. sorry I can't cut there hair when there sick.
I have hand wipes and the gels.. ugh
11-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
There is also the option of wearing one of those masks that surgeons or sick people wear. Personally I don't have the guts because someone will think im contagious or weird but that's likely the best way to protect your mouth and nose from inhaling germs.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » It's that time of year...