Share Facebook

11-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
Eddm10

Keep fighting

What's up everyone! My name is Edd, im 20 years old and I've had a "run" in with
an ileostomy. I used to be a member on here while I had the bag but forgot my username so I'm back to help you guys out! My whole situation was def a different then most. My bag was the result of a botched appendectomy resulting in the all wonderful bag! Whoop whoop!! I had that lovely companion ya know the one ya so badly want to get rid of but you cant hahah. Anyways I went from playing football at a high level to barley weighing 150 pounds and fighting for my life. They told me you'll never play play again and never lift weights like you did before. BULLLLLL was all I had to say. I had my bag "installed" March 3rd 2011 and reversed July 19th 2011. I started lifting weights again in September and actually became stronger than before. I also started playin football again but stopped because of how expensive college was. I joined the army in March 2013 and I am now a proud Infantryman headed to RASP. ALL things your not supposed to be able to do after this shit. So what im trying to say is keep fighting those battles and you'll come out on top. BIG THANKS to my FAMILY annd Friends.
11-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #2
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
Thanks for sharing your story. Did you use a belt to prevent a hernia in the beginning? I'm concerned about being too physically active because the abdominal muscles are weak.

I'm happy to hear you got it reversed and are in a good place.
11-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
Eddm10

I did i was very careful on my exercise and really built myself up! Best of luck to you
11-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #4
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
Thanks, I currently have an ileostomy and id like to build my ab muscles just to strengthen them, don't care about actually having abs sticking out. I need to ask my surgeon what's safe because I definitely don't want a prolapsed stoma, they don't look pretty.