Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Products of probiotic brands or natural(homemade) yoghurt and kefir

11-19-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
Crohn2357

My Support Groups:
Products of probiotic brands or natural(homemade) yoghurt and kefir

Would you share with me, which one do you prefer to use? What is the reason?
Thanks.
11-20-2013, 05:30 AM   #2
hugh

My Support Groups:
Would you share with me, which one do you prefer to use? What is the reason?
Thanks.
I go homemade (kombucha, kefir and pickles) as you get way more probiotic (both number and variety) for way less money
11-20-2013, 05:40 AM   #3
Crohn2357

My Support Groups:
Thank you.
11-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #4
Crohn2357

My Support Groups:
I was reading this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickling and I saw this phrase: "pickles produced using vinegar are not probiotic."
Do you have any idea about that? In my country, all pickles produced using vinegar or lemon. Is this wrong? If so, what is the reason? Is there a proper way?
11-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
HannahR

Natren Healthy Trinity Probiotics are the ones I have seen the best result with so far. They have a capsule form and powder forms of different kinds so you can choose which strains you are taking down to a science.

The powder is great when you are not feeling good so you can be sure that the probiotics are getting to where they need.
Waiting to be put on Remicade
Update
Tested positive for MAP!
Failed first try of Anti-Map going to try again with Remicade/Anti-map cocktail
11-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #6
hugh

My Support Groups:
@ Crohn2357 - i'm not sure about why "pickles produced using vinegar are not probiotic."

I've read a few things and the impression i get is pickles made without vinegar are sour due to the probiotic bacteria and vinegar can be used to preserve the vegetable without needing fermentation

"9. Sour Pickles
Most pickles on your grocery store shelves are pickled using vinegar, but as tasty as this method might be, it is not optimal. Sour pickles are the traditional alternative to vinegar pickles and are prepared using a simple solution of unrefined sea salt and clean, chlorine-free water. This solution encourages the growth of lactic-acid producing beneficial bacteria which customarily outcompete pathogenic bacteria. Moreover, traditional sour pickles are raw after culturing unlike vinegar-based cucumber pickles which are cooked during the canning process thus killing food enzymes, bacteria and destroying heat sensitive vitamins.."
http://nourishedkitchen.com/dairy-fr...#ixzz2lEJmoB6j

Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Products of probiotic brands or natural(homemade) yoghurt and kefir