• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hey everyone

Hey everyone, RC here. Been awhile since I have been here. I have not been doing that great and was looking for some info. and remembered you guys.

I have had a few flare ups over the past few months. my gastro finally put me on imuran since I have never tried it before and he has also ordered me Cimzia.

He is trying to get me a little under control and then he wants to go in and remove some more intestine like they did back in 96 since the flare ups keep coming back in the same place.

So the next few months are going to be intresting to say the least.

i did get approved for disability back in november, so that has really helped.

I hope you guys are doing well and I will be on and off a little more often now.

I always liked coming in here because most everyone here was nice and helpful.

C ya all soon.. RC

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Glad to see you back RC, but sorry it's under these circumstances.
Cimzia is similar to Remicade and Humira I guess? I am doing very well on Remi right now - hope the Cimzia works the same for you.

My Butt Hurts said:
Glad to see you back RC, but sorry it's under these circumstances.
Cimzia is similar to Remicade and Humira I guess? I am doing very well on Remi right now - hope the Cimzia works the same for you.

Yeah, it is the same type of medicine, but it is more like Humira because they will ship it to me and I will take the injections here at home.

I took Remicaid before and wanted to try Humira, but my gastro said he hasn't had one single person respond to Humira so that is why he is trying Cimzia.

I will keep everyone updated on the progress.

hey rc welcome back!
thoght id come in here and say hello, nice to meet you, etc :)

sorry that youre not doing so good. hope the cimzia works out though, thatd be great!

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
r_cronier said:
...but my gastro said he hasn't had one single person respond to Humira so that is why he is trying Cimzia.
I had an awesome remission on Humira. It started on day 6. Trouble is - it only lasted 4 1/2 months, and then it kinda quit.
What happened with Remi for you?

Wow gang, been a looooooooooooong time and a lot has happened..... Shortly after this post in May, I had a colonoscopy and my gastro decided to go ahead and do another small bowel resec to remove some old scar tissue. They did it the day after Memorial day and also placed a temporary ileostomy to help every thing heal.

Well that has been 10 months of pure hell. In and out of the hospital, multiple picc lines and living on TPN and home health care.

Well I am sitting here from my hospital bed, 6 days removed from my ostomy. Now I am just dealing with crapping on myself 7-8 times a day because my sphincter refuses to sphincter properly right now and the all liquid diet doesn't help things out either. Hopefully with a couple of days of using my muscles again and gradually moving to solid foods then things will get better. but for now I like to make myself feel better by keeping the people who make Depends employed.

Also, I have been taking the Cimzia and so far so good. I am having to stop taking it for a month or 2 while I am healing because it will slow it down a lot, but I will definitely start back just as soon as I can.

I hope all of you are doing well and hopefully I can pop in and out the next few days while recovering and chat with some of you guys. I have just been really busy with my work and all so it has been hard to get on much the past year or so.
You guys/and gals take care and always remember "if life hands you poop, stick it in a bag and light it on fire".....:ytongue:

ameslouise

Hi RC - Wow! A lot HAS happened!

I hope you have a quick recovery from the surgery and the Cimzia continues to do well for you. Hang in there!

- Amy

Nyx

Wow...you have been through alot! I hope you get well soon and the Cimzia gives you some relief :)

Astra

Hiya RC
good to meet you!

Yes you have been thro such an awful lot, hope you can find some peace and rest soon with the Cimzia
sending good luck your way
Joan xxx

Hey everyone, been a few months since I last popped in. I posted in the Entocort thread looking for some info. and at least wanted to say hey. It is 3 in the morning here so I am going to lay down, but I will pop back in tomm. or Sunday and give a report.

Peace, RC......

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hi RC, :bigwave:

Hope you get some decent rest. I'll pop by again when you report back.

Take care mate, :)
Dusty

Hi RC...

I have not had to have any surguries yet, but may have to head that direction; my doctor and I are monitoring my narrowing small intestine. However, I am currently taking Azathioprine 100mg, which is a form of Imuran. I am set to have a consult with my GI next Thurs. to discuss my last labs and to discuss Cimzia. I have already went through the screening process and had the drug approved by my insurance. We were hoping that the azathioprine would work agian. I moved to a different town for almost two years and between having another child and new doctors, my meds were completely messed up until I moved back to Seattle and got back in touch with my original doctor. I will be thinking of you as I have my consult next week...Good Luck!

Well, The Entocort didn't go as planned. It gave me some bad side effects. The prednisone has made me irritable and I have snapped a cpl. of times. But with Entocort I was literally snapping and throwing shit around. I literally destroyed my home office. If my laptop had been in there then it would have been gone.

I realized right then and there what was causing it and I called my GI and he told me it was normal???? WTF?

I said I don't care if it's normal or not, I don't want to be on a medicine that makes me feel like that. What if I snap like that when my wife or kids are around and I throw something and hit them?

So he pulled me off and put me back on prednisone. I am taking 15 mgs. right now and it works pretty well and I am on a low enough dose that the night sweats are at a minimum.

I plan to just stay on it through the holiday season so I don't get sick and hope that the Cimzia starts working.

I am going to try to taper off the Prednisone again in Jan. and see what happens.

I don't know how much I will be on here but I want to wish all the people I have met on here and even all you new people a wonderful holiday season.....