• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Methadone

This isn't meant to scare anyone, just my experience.

I have been on Lortab 10's for a cpl. of years now and have developed a tolerance to them and I needed pain relief.

I went to a Methadone clinic and got put on methadone and it almost killed me.

The methadone blocked me up so bad and so many things went wrong.

I had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance.

I am not saying for anyone with Crohns to not try this drug if you need to, I am just saying to be careful and make sure that you start at the lowest dose possible and tell the doctor at the first sign of any problems. I think our systems are too fragile for this medicine because it is very very strong.

It was really a bummer too because the first 2 days I was on it I had absolutely no pain anywhere in my body for the first time that i could remember in forever.

My Butt Hurts

Squeals-a-lot!
Well where the heck have YOU been??
Thanks for the info. Could a smaller dose help you out? Or maybe a smaller dose and a mild laxative? Stinks that you found something so good but so bad.

edit - duh, just saw your other post. THAT'S where the heck have you been...

Last edited:
I was on it for 3 weeks and they kept trying to lower the doses but it never worked. I really wish it would have. Imagine your worst flare up and multiply it by 10 and that's what it did to me.