• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New here: Needing some fistula support. Just had my 5th fistula repair and 2nd fistula plug placement.

I've been looking for an LGBT Crohns forum FOREVER. Finally somewhere I can talk to other gays about issues…yesss. So a little background about myself. I was diagnosed with UC in 2004/rediagnosed with Crohns last summer. I had my colon removed in 2005 and eventually Jpouch surgery and after that multiple surgeries for recurrent fistulas (flap repair, graciloplasty, plugs, setons, etc) Anyway…I have been on Humira for a little over a year which closed the fistula I've had for about 3 years considerably but I decided to do something less "invasive" and wanted to get it closed up for good with another plug. I feel like my progress from the medicine has been completely erased as I am having more drainage (Which I'm told is normal for right now) than I can handle. I won't know if the plug is still in until my follow up with my surgeon tuesday but I haven't seen anything come out. Anyone have experience with the plug working/not working?

Sorry to hear about your fistula troubles. I have them too and they are miserable. Soaking in a sitz bath right now, actually!

Just wanted to say that I know there aren't many people in the forums who have had experience with the plugs, so you might get more responses if you also post in the fistula sub forum.

I had plug placement 2 weeks ago today. I'm having more drainage then before too and my dr said its normal. I was worried about the plug coming out too and was told that I would feel it if it came out.