• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Having a bad time!

Astra

Hiya everyone
I've not been on for ages, I've been so ill!
Summary
I was told to come off Humira, it wasn't working, and I've been referred for surgery, waiting for an appt and an MRI
I was told I've got high blood pressure, it was alternating between 175/122 and 168/110, so the GP said it could be a side effect of the Humira and we'll review it this Friday, been off Humira one month by then.
Last Monday I had the most horrendous migraine for 3 days and got sent home from work, went to a different GP, he prescribed Ramipril for the high blood pressure.
Two doses and 2 days later I had an allergic reaction to Ramipril, everything swelled up, tongue, lips but most of all my joints, fingers, toes, everything!
It kicked off the Crohns, big style!
I can't even wipe my bum!
I can't hold a knife and fork!
Been back to the GP and he called it Angioedema and it will settle down in a few weeks! Can't have steroids cos surgery is on the cards.
He's signed me off work for a week, never ever felt pain like this before, feel like an old woman, can't walk properly.
Thanks for the moan, wish me luck, gotta go and rest, again!

Hey Astra,

You've helped me before, so my chance to return the favour! Really hope you're ok, sounds like you're having a tough time, I really hope it gets better for you soon.

Sorry I can't help with much else, but send my support I hope you get your MRI soon and then your surgery.

Praying that you're ok for Christmas.

Yvette xx

Astra

Aw cheers Yvette, I'll be ok, gotta be careful what I eat tho, I'm not on any meds, don't need a stay in hospital over the festivities!
Hope you're doing ok? xxx

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I'm sorry you still aren't doing well Astra. :( Also sorry to hear about the high blood pressure and reaction to the medication. You deserve a break already. :hug: Let us know when you're getting your MRI and surgery. I hope it will put you into remission. :hug:

Gosh no you don't want to be in hospital over Christmas! Good idea to be careful with foods!

I'm ok thanks for asking. An MRI recently found a stricture and I'm 'pencilled in' for surgery on 11th Dec, hoping I've recovered to enjoy Xmas a little bit!

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Aww Joan, that's awful! Poor thing, hopefully this reaction goes away quickly. Sending you a big hug and hoping that things get much better really soon!

I am so sorry you are going through this so I am sending healing thoughts your way.

Louann Carroll
www.louanncarroll.com
Crohn's survivor and advocate
Trying the natural method that's not working so well right now. I DO NOT recommend this to anyone.

Hi Joan
Haven't been on for a while. Sorry to hear that you have been so poorly.
I hope you manage to have some time off and try to relax during the festive period.
Take care and lots of hugs
Carol
xx

Really sorry to hear this, Joan. Things sound bad enough without a med reaction to add to the mix :-( Hang in there and hope you can get a trouble free Christmas xxx