Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Having a bad time!

12-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
Astra

My Support Groups:
Having a bad time!

Hiya everyone
I've not been on for ages, I've been so ill!
Summary
I was told to come off Humira, it wasn't working, and I've been referred for surgery, waiting for an appt and an MRI
I was told I've got high blood pressure, it was alternating between 175/122 and 168/110, so the GP said it could be a side effect of the Humira and we'll review it this Friday, been off Humira one month by then.
Last Monday I had the most horrendous migraine for 3 days and got sent home from work, went to a different GP, he prescribed Ramipril for the high blood pressure.
Two doses and 2 days later I had an allergic reaction to Ramipril, everything swelled up, tongue, lips but most of all my joints, fingers, toes, everything!
It kicked off the Crohns, big style!
I can't even wipe my bum!
I can't hold a knife and fork!
Been back to the GP and he called it Angioedema and it will settle down in a few weeks! Can't have steroids cos surgery is on the cards.
He's signed me off work for a week, never ever felt pain like this before, feel like an old woman, can't walk properly.
Thanks for the moan, wish me luck, gotta go and rest, again!

Joan

Dx Crohn's in TI 2005 symptoms for 15 years prior

BEEN ON -Azathioprine, 6MP, Prednisolone, Pentasa, Budesonide, Metronidazole, Humira, Methotrexate,

NOW ON -Amitriptyline 25mg
21/02/14 Right hemicolectomy surgery

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...4208290&ref=ts

No-one should make you feel inferior without your consent!

12-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
YJ120

Hey Astra,

You've helped me before, so my chance to return the favour! Really hope you're ok, sounds like you're having a tough time, I really hope it gets better for you soon.

Sorry I can't help with much else, but send my support I hope you get your MRI soon and then your surgery.

Praying that you're ok for Christmas.

Yvette xx

MRI showed stricture on 24/09/13. TI resection done on 11/12/13
More tests colonoscopy on 28/3/14
12-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
Astra

My Support Groups:
Aw cheers Yvette, I'll be ok, gotta be careful what I eat tho, I'm not on any meds, don't need a stay in hospital over the festivities!
Hope you're doing ok? xxx
12-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #4
Jennifer
Adminstrator

I'm sorry you still aren't doing well Astra. Also sorry to hear about the high blood pressure and reaction to the medication. You deserve a break already. Let us know when you're getting your MRI and surgery. I hope it will put you into remission.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
12-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
Astra

My Support Groups:
Thanks Jennifer, I will xxx
12-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #6
YJ120

Gosh no you don't want to be in hospital over Christmas! Good idea to be careful with foods!

I'm ok thanks for asking. An MRI recently found a stricture and I'm 'pencilled in' for surgery on 11th Dec, hoping I've recovered to enjoy Xmas a little bit!
12-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #7
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
Aww Joan, that's awful! Poor thing, hopefully this reaction goes away quickly. Sending you a big hug and hoping that things get much better really soon!
12-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #8
carrollco

My Support Groups:
I am so sorry you are going through this so I am sending healing thoughts your way.

Louann Carroll
www.louanncarroll.com
Crohn's survivor and advocate
Trying the natural method that's not working so well right now. I DO NOT recommend this to anyone.

Previous Meds:

Methotrexate--had kidney/liver damage
Lialda--allergic to aspirin--but didn't know until my Crohn's got much worse.
Prednisone--only when I have to!
12-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #9
CeeCeeGo
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi Joan
Haven't been on for a while. Sorry to hear that you have been so poorly.
I hope you manage to have some time off and try to relax during the festive period.
Take care and lots of hugs
Carol
xx

DX - June 2012 with mild/moderate Crohns. In July 2012 bowel perforated unexpectedly and needed emergency surgery.
Current meds/supplements - Budesonide (reducing dose over 3 months), B12 injections (every 10 wks), Vit D tabs 800iu x daily, Ferrous Sulphate 200mg every day, Folic Acid once a week
Previous meds - Allergic to Azathioprine, 6MP, Pentasa & Asacol, Methotrexate injections (didn't work). Stopped Humira after 2 years due to ineffectiveness.
12-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #10
Grumbletum

My Support Groups:
Really sorry to hear this, Joan. Things sound bad enough without a med reaction to add to the mix :-( Hang in there and hope you can get a trouble free Christmas xxx

Previous: Prednisolone, Mesren, Omeprazole, Infliximab, Azathioprine
Current: Pentasa, Librax, Warfarin
Helen x
12-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #11
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Just wanted to let ya know I'm here for ya.

Current Meds:
Pentasa 1000mg 2xday, Canasa Suppositories (when needed) 1000mg 1xday

Non-Meds:
600+D Calcium 2xday, Multivitamin, 65mg Iron 1xday, Fish Oil 1000mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 I.U., Eye Drops 2xday

UP Support Group http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68350

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Having a bad time!