• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Six years post surgery

I had surgery to remove my ileum and a large portion of my colon. I had a softball size tumor that had perforated my colon. I was told I had colon cancer. Seven years later, I have yet to have a firm BM. My BM's are liquid only. It does not matter what I eat. I was not diagnosed with Crohn's disease or ibs. The biopsy also showed no signs of cancer. Truly a mystery as to what caused the tumor in the first place. Now living with side effects of surgery. I am thankful that the cancer diagnosis was incorrect so I force myself to not complain about my bathroom issues. But on average I have a BM on average 8-10 times every single day. Again, diet does not effect BM. I was told that I will always have loose BM.