• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Im new and im lost

Surgeon said my colon looks like acid was poured through it. he said so many bleeding ulcer, through out entire colon. he said it looked like crohns to him. he said biopsies were inconclusive though...and sending them to another lab for more analysis. he said it was a mess when he was doing my colonoscopy and he cant believe the biopsies showed nothing. Has this happened to you? what is there for homeopathic? do i have to take anything as far as meds? im really against them, i am still breastfeeding a child. This is something ihave hard to live with since i was 8. i have controlled it well with diet in the past, as i never had any diagnosis. and now i just cant get a handle on the pain. im really lost, i have no clue whats going on.....

I am sorry to hear you are so afraid, but that is normal when you have a little one. You will need to wait for the biopsies to come back before you have anything conclusive, but do not fear as there are many medications that can help if it turns out to be Crohn's disease. Did he say how long it would be before you got your results? Until then, watch for foods that upset you and stay away from them. A heating pad or a warm soak in the tub can do wonders. I too had a colon with ulcers from one end to the other. The doc was convinved it was ulcerative colitis, but nope, the test results came back as Crohn's.

Louann Carroll
www.louanncarroll.com
Crohn's survivor and advocate
Trying the natural method that's not working so well right now. I DO NOT recommend this to anyone.