• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New to the Forum

(Go get some pop corn or something to munch on, we may be here for a minute) Hello everyone. I joined the forums back around June of this year back when I was diagnosed with Crohn's and was doing some reasearch on Humira. But, my story actually starts back in November of 2008. I started loosing weight extremely quick even though I was eating like a hourse.

In january of 2009 I was diagnosed with mild UC. I was put on oral meds and didn't actually start having symptoms of UC until a few months after that. In June of 2009 I had a colonoscopy and my UC was out of control. My doctor decided to start me on remicade treatments. Well, after every infusion treatment I ended up in the hopsital. I was in the hospital every other week for 3 months. Oh, and it was descovered that I had Cdef during these lovely hospital visits. Finally, I decided to leave that local doctor and head to Emory University in Atlanta. There, the doc told me that if all that had been through didn't work, then surgery may be my only hope. So, January of 2010 I had my first surgery, a complete colectomy and with a temporary ostomy. (sorry for any miss spelling) But before I could even have this surgery, I had a central and pick line and was on nutrition bags for a few weeks. I was so malnurished that my surgon wouldn't even do the procedure until I was healthier. So I spent all of January and most of Febuary in the hospital. After this surgery everything started to turn for the better. I started gaining weight and my energy was coming back. I had gotten down to 94 pounds just befor my first surgery. In the following June I had a reversal surgery. I had a J-pouch created and another temp ostomy. (we ended up naming my first stoma chaos and the second one havic. gotta have some humor in it to make it through) :lol: And then finally in August I had my reconnection surgery and was made right again.

A month later, I had my first does of pouchitus. Who knew? I was given a weeks worth of antibiotics and was good to go. So from August of 2009 to March of 2013 I was pretty good. I had an occasional flare but with some antibiotics I was fine. In March I had my anual "pouchoscopy" and my doc said that my jpouch wasn't looking too good and that some people who go through what I went through end up getting Crohn's. :(Well, poop.

So in June, I started on Humira. I already have had the doseage upped to one shot a week and I'll go back next month and see how things are looking. I will be coming here a good bit looking for advice and what not. I know depression something that could be lurking in the corner somewhere, and things have been getting a bit tough. But, that's for another posting. Thanks for listening/reading to my story. I look foward to being a part of this community.:ghug:

nogutsnoglory

Welcome it our IBD world, sorry to hear of all you have been through. We have a sub-forum for mental health which would be a great place to post and discuss how your depression is impacting you http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77

Don't hesitate to read threads or post your own throughout the forum. We are all in this fight and struggle together.