Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Just soiled myself

12-12-2013, 02:18 AM   #1
HARVinTX

Just soiled myself

Was diagnosed 21 years ago with Crohn's and just soiled myself. It happens 2-3 times a year. So fed up!! It's fine when I am alone and can "just deal with it" but my partner does the laundry and I hate those questions "what happened?" Yes I wash up my garment but he can still figure out something is up. Just venting...
12-12-2013, 05:57 AM   #2
Earthsoul

Vent away, I had three accidents in hospital so my humiliation is now complete!!!
There is nothing quite as humiliating as those Crohns soiling accidents, I guess your partner is only asking cause so he knows what is going on? hopefully, I doubt he realises the full impact of the question!
My lowest point ever was when I got to the toilet and someone had put the seat down, it was a real mess! I remember crying as I tried to clear it all up.
All I can say is I think a hell of a lot of people here would want to give you a hug and say 'it sucks hunnie, it really does x'
12-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
Essieluv

Oh, that is not fun. It is seriously the worse thing when you crap yourself. But just think, every single person on the earth will crap their pants at one point or another, so no need to be embarrassed about it. It's hard emotionally though. Hang in there.

Waiting for a cure!
12-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #4
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I have had it happen plenty of times.

Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
12-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #5
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hug!

12-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #6
mish2575

My Support Groups:
I've been so lucky. . . The times it has happened to me has either been when i'm alone or a small amount that I was able to handle discreetly.

*hugs* to you
12-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #7
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I wish I could forget one time when it happened at work and I was taken to the emergency room.

01-14-2014, 08:10 AM   #8
Peterson01

I've gotten to the point where I'm having trouble making it to the bathroom at work and we only have one bathroom so if it occupied I'm in trouble.. So I've resorted to the special underwear.. ::::sigh::::
I understand how you feel!
Hugs
01-14-2014, 02:43 PM   #9
mish2575

My Support Groups:
I've gotten to the point where I'm having trouble making it to the bathroom at work and we only have one bathroom so if it occupied I'm in trouble.. So I've resorted to the special underwear.. ::::sigh::::
Hugs
do you have an office where you can close the door? If so, you could get one of those travel potty's they make for the car.
01-14-2014, 03:24 PM   #10
grt73

My Support Groups:
Hey Harv,
Vent away but don't worry, before my op I crapped myself whilst asleep. Now it wasn't a train spotting moment but enough to disgust myself. You know what they say, s*it happens
01-15-2014, 12:44 AM   #11
Sunione

My Support Groups:
Been there and done that, too many times to count. It might be the most difficult thing to have live with as a Crohnie.
*Severe reaction to Asacol (nearly bled to death)
*A recto-vaginal fistula named
*Plus another fistula that exits somewhere near my urethra

Some other fun conditions:
*Hypothyroidism
*Degenerative disk disease
*Fibromyalgia
*osteoarthritis
*Carpal tunnel
*Bulging disks in neck
*Depression/anxiety
*Incurable sarcasm
01-15-2014, 01:51 AM   #12
Peterson01

do you have an office where you can close the door? If so, you could get one of those travel potty's they make for the car.
No unfortunately I have to walk across a large warehouse size store to get to the bathroom!
01-20-2014, 06:16 PM   #13
silverdiskdj

My Support Groups:
Happens to me frequently enough. There have been times when it came out of both ends... happened once when I was at work. I got out of my car after lunch... was trying to rush into the building... ended up throwing up in the woods and having it come out the other end as well... not pleasant. Let's just say I know I will be in the hospital shortly after that happens... because that is a sign to me things are pretty bad....
01-20-2014, 11:22 PM   #14
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hugs
It got to the point where my boss told me to make sure I had the special underwear.

01-20-2014, 11:30 PM   #15
gingerbr

Was diagnosed 21 years ago with Crohn's and just soiled myself. It happens 2-3 times a year. So fed up!! It's fine when I am alone and can "just deal with it" but my partner does the laundry and I hate those questions "what happened?" Yes I wash up my garment but he can still figure out something is up. Just venting...
Happens to me alot, it is very embarassing however it your partner really loves you they will become educated about the disease and understand. If they don't then it is their loss.
01-21-2014, 04:26 AM   #16
n00b

My Support Groups:
Yep happened to me this morning....do you know what. Stuff it..Who cares?
I am feed up with it and i just don't care what it does to me anymore.
01-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #17
ce1210

My Support Groups:
Had to throw a pair of underwear away while at work the other day...thought it was just gonna be wicked gas and it came with a lil something extra. Luckily, I was the only one at work and didn't have to explain the extremely surprised look on my face or the strange waddle to the bathroom...

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Just soiled myself