Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » What's going on right now?

12-13-2013, 01:02 AM   #1
Audi

What's going on right now?

Well, I have my birthday party to go to tomorrow and I feel like crap! I don't think I'm having a flare up, but my stomach hurts! When I'm at school in dead silence, my stomach starts rumbling... (It's pretty embarassing)
I'm only 12 and I'm either going to start Humara, (which is an adult medication), stem cell transplant, (which is some sort of surgery), or just completely taking my colon out because I'm sick all the time. I've already missed two 'silo' trips and twenty days of school, (of course most are exused)
I just don't know what to do anymore, I just want to stop being sick, you know?
12-13-2013, 11:29 PM   #2
spelunky

Sweet heart I hate to hear that you deal with this at such a young age! I totally get it...I'm sure you have hoped that covering your stomach with anything will make the noises quite, but it doesn't work. That noise that sounds like a bowl of wet jello is being poured from the top of your guts to the bottom! That sucks right, I have high hopes that Humira helps u and me both! When I have to make my stomach shut up I make sure to eat VERY neutral foods, drink lots of water and never wear tight waisted pants. That's my only advice. Best of luck to you!!!
12-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
Scaryman
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Well, I have my birthday party to go to tomorrow and I feel like crap! I don't think I'm having a flare up, but my stomach hurts! When I'm at school in dead silence, my stomach starts rumbling... (It's pretty embarassing)
I'm only 12 and I'm either going to start Humara, (which is an adult medication), stem cell transplant, (which is some sort of surgery), or just completely taking my colon out because I'm sick all the time. I've already missed two 'silo' trips and twenty days of school, (of course most are exused)
I just don't know what to do anymore, I just want to stop being sick, you know?
I know how you fell in a way, I go to the movies and my stomach decides to make noise. I get strange looks, I just shrug at them. I guess they are concerned I'm going to pass gas during the movie?

Audi, Talk to your parents/Doctor about Humira. Yes its a shot and a powerful drug, it just might help you with the pain. It sure helped me!
Remicade- failed with infusion reaction.
Mesalamine-another failure
Entecourt - fail- no help.
currently on Methotrexate 25mg and Humira combo.
Folic Acid Supplement
Hyclosomine,Ultram,vicoden for pain as needed
Extended right Hemocolectomy 5/24/13 Univ.Of Chicago
11/7/13- small crohns ulcer at surgical site (active).

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » What's going on right now?