• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What's going on right now?

Well, I have my birthday party to go to tomorrow and I feel like crap! I don't think I'm having a flare up, but my stomach hurts! When I'm at school in dead silence, my stomach starts rumbling... (It's pretty embarassing)
I'm only 12 and I'm either going to start Humara, (which is an adult medication), stem cell transplant, (which is some sort of surgery), or just completely taking my colon out because I'm sick all the time. I've already missed two 'silo' trips and twenty days of school, (of course most are exused)
I just don't know what to do anymore, I just want to stop being sick, you know?

Sweet heart I hate to hear that you deal with this at such a young age! I totally get it...I'm sure you have hoped that covering your stomach with anything will make the noises quite, but it doesn't work. That noise that sounds like a bowl of wet jello is being poured from the top of your guts to the bottom! That sucks right, I have high hopes that Humira helps u and me both! When I have to make my stomach shut up I make sure to eat VERY neutral foods, drink lots of water and never wear tight waisted pants. That's my only advice. Best of luck to you!!!

Well, I have my birthday party to go to tomorrow and I feel like crap! I don't think I'm having a flare up, but my stomach hurts! When I'm at school in dead silence, my stomach starts rumbling... (It's pretty embarassing)
I'm only 12 and I'm either going to start Humara, (which is an adult medication), stem cell transplant, (which is some sort of surgery), or just completely taking my colon out because I'm sick all the time. I've already missed two 'silo' trips and twenty days of school, (of course most are exused)
I just don't know what to do anymore, I just want to stop being sick, you know?
I know how you fell in a way, I go to the movies and my stomach decides to make noise. I get strange looks, I just shrug at them. I guess they are concerned I'm going to pass gas during the movie? :devil::ylol:

Audi, Talk to your parents/Doctor about Humira. Yes its a shot and a powerful drug, it just might help you with the pain. It sure helped me!