Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Once a week dosing of Humira

12-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #1
Sashawright

My Support Groups:
Once a week dosing of Humira

My GI is wanting me to start weekly injections as my last CT enterography showd some improvement, but still active crohn's in th IC. it has definetly helped me but I dread the weekly stings. Any thoughts? Anybody else on weekly?
12-13-2013, 11:21 PM   #2
spelunky

Sasha, I hate the sting and will never get used to it but the promise of progress with this shi**y disease keeps me taking it! Keep your chin up and best of luck to you.
12-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #3
Sashawright

My Support Groups:
I have been on humira for exactly one year. I do have some improvement, but no remission. Thanks for the support!!
12-14-2013, 09:23 AM   #4
JustAYoungLad

I went onto weekly injections after being on Humira for a year too. It was effective but I could feel it losing its effect after 10 days so my consultant increased me to weekly.

It does increase the amount of times you have to stab yourself with that needle, but its worth it if it makes you better! Hope it works for you!
12-14-2013, 09:03 PM   #5
milner06

My Support Groups:
I had my frequency changed to weekly after being on humira for about a month. I will say that I do dread every Friday when I have to take a shot. But, I just remember that it's for the best. Either 10 seconds of pain in your leg or stomach (wherever you take it) or constant pain and other symptoms. I wish you the best of luck!
12-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #6
Sashawright

My Support Groups:
I had my frequency changed to weekly after being on humira for about a month. I will say that I do dread every Friday when I have to take a shot. But, I just remember that it's for the best. Either 10 seconds of pain in your leg or stomach (wherever you take it) or constant pain and other symptoms. I wish you the best of luck!
Thanks! I know that it is for the best, but I wonder why after a year, I sill have inflammation. I guess it could've been worse right? Thanks for the support!!!
12-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #7
Scaryman
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Sasha, I'm curious what else are you taking with Humira? Please tell me your Doctor suggested Methotrexate?!?!?!?
Remicade- failed with infusion reaction.
Mesalamine-another failure
Entecourt - fail- no help.
currently on Methotrexate 25mg and Humira combo.
Folic Acid Supplement
Hyclosomine,Ultram,vicoden for pain as needed
Extended right Hemocolectomy 5/24/13 Univ.Of Chicago
11/7/13- small crohns ulcer at surgical site (active).
12-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #8
lgpcarter

My Support Groups:
I was on weekly doses. My doc said some people metabolize the drug quicker so need more. Hope it works!

Seton placement (2) and fistulotomy December 2013. Setons removed July 2014.

Laparoscopic Right Hemicolectomy July 2016, 25 cms removed

Current meds: Entyvio every 8 weeks, Imuran 50 mg, Flagyl and Cipro 500 mg twice a day
Previously: Remicade, Humira, Simponi, Pentasa, Sulphasalazine, Entocort, Stelara, Methotrexate, Prednisone
12-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #9
Ckoenig

What is the difference whether you take methotrexate or not with humira? Just curious? I just had my loading doses today!

Mother of Tyler (13) Twin Girls Rian (11) Victoria (11)
My girlfriend is amazingly supportive!

Dx'd with Crohn's Disease 8/29/2013 6 inches of diseased terminal illeum. As of December 2014 currently in remission!

Humira as of Dec 18
B-12 injections monthly
2,000 iu Vit D daily
250 mg florastor probiotic 2 x daily
.25 Xanax as needed

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Once a week dosing of Humira