• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Need advice on crohns

hi ive recently found out i have crohns . i have had 2 flare ups in the last 6 months and have been hospitalised both times . i have no idea what lays ahead for me and would appreciate any advice ?? im 30 yr old female have 3 young children and cannot believe the cramping pains that seem to come on.

Hi Buggy,
Welcome to our forum. Sorry you had to find us but glad you did! You have come to the right place to find lots of good information, support, and friends. What medications are you currently taking? How are you feeling now?

Hello buggy!
I was also 30 when the Crohns hit. I am now 46, male, married two kids.

Hard to say what is in store for you as it affects everyone different. Not gonna lie,the last 16 years have been a bitch for me, but ya do what ya gotta do. I am very thankful to have wonderful kids. Having known me with Crohns all my life, i often feel they understand me more than more adults. They are 13 and 10.

Over the years I have had numerous hospitalizations, but so far i have always bounced back. I have been dependent on 5-10 mg a day of prednisone for 16 years. No others meds have worked for me. I seem to tolerate the prednisone better than most but it is starting to take its toll. Had an abscess drained a few times, but so far no major surgeries.

I am fortunate to live in MN and treat at the Mayo. About three years ago i started developing strictures and they have recommended it all come out. I have said no to that and seem to struggle on. So far I have avoided major surgery, but i feel the writing is on the wall there.

Over time you learn to avoid the things that cause you to flare, and since there is no cure you do have to become your own doctor over time. You have to learn to take care of yourself, because it will get old for others fast , lol. This site is an amazing place to start. As i read these posts it occurs to me that except for re-sections, i have experienced just about everything everyone else here talks about.

My biggest regret with Crohns is the loss of athleticism. At 30 i was incredibly fit, playing tennis and basketball almost every day. At 46 I have the cardio of someone twenty years older. I wish I could have stayed on track a little more there, despite the energy drain and pain. My best advice is to stay as fit as your disease will let you. As cliche as it may sound, you have to enjoy the little things more with a chronic disease.

I have story I am trying to help spread and I think it could really help you out. Three years ago I was diagnosed with the disease and within the last year I have been practically cured of any symptoms. I am trying to share this story about how I reduced the inflammation caused by my Crohn's disease naturally and actually lowered my medicine intake (bare minimum to none) within the last 6-7 months. I really want to see if I can be of any help to to anyone else with the disease. Feel free to message me on Facebook to hear the whole story @jocelyn Senecal or reply

My friend showed me a natural drink that reduced my medicine intake to the point where all I have to do Is use this instead of pills. My friend told me about mangosteen and how they have many drink supplements with it. It's a fruit that is proven to help inflammation. It seriously helped me and I do not think many people know about it.

Jocelyn