• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

New and undiagnosed

Hi! I am a 22 y.o. female who is currently undiagnosed but my GI doc suspects it could be crohns. After reading many of your posts and doing TONS of research online, I am honestly not sure what my chances of having it are. I have a colonoscopy in 3 weeks. CT and bloodwork came back normal. I've had stomach issues for years, ranging from periods of constipation that could last weeks to cramping and diarrhea after eating. I finally saw a GI doctor this month as I've had abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and fatigue for 4 months straight now :/

My two biggest questions are 1) how well can a colonoscopy detect crohn's? I'm afraid that I might have it in a place where the scope cannot reach and it will go undetected. and 2) I thought my symptoms were severe because they are definitely impacting my everyday activities, however, after reading many other stories, I feel like my symptoms do not occur as often, usually for 1-3 days and then I'm fine for a few days, and the cycle continues. Is it possible to feel good some days and still have crohn's?

Sorry for the long post!

Last edited: