Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » A birthday gift from Humira? How soon can it work?

12-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
Ckoenig

A birthday gift from Humira? How soon can it work?

So I had my loading doses Wednesday. Is it crazy to think it can work this soon?
It's my birthday today and I had the best present ever this am...
A fully formed large hard bm. Normally they are spirals,floaty small pieces, or D.
Is it really possible it's working already or am I just getting a bday reprieve?
I would love to hear anyone else's experience

Mother of Tyler (13) Twin Girls Rian (11) Victoria (11)
My girlfriend is amazingly supportive!

Dx'd with Crohn's Disease 8/29/2013 6 inches of diseased terminal illeum. As of December 2014 currently in remission!

Humira as of Dec 18
B-12 injections monthly
2,000 iu Vit D daily
250 mg florastor probiotic 2 x daily
.25 Xanax as needed
12-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
Katie127

My Support Groups:
For me it seem to start working the very next day after my loading doses. But I was having a very bad day the day of my appointment and threw up everything I put in my body. The next day I started to feel better. After a few days I felt as good as I did on the steroids without the horrid side effects. Within a few weeks I was only pooping once or twice a day, down from about 10 or so.

I have had a few bad days, which I attribute to stress and very poor diet (my DH was in the hospital, so I surviving on fast food and vending machine junk), but I have gained back the weight I lost and I have some actual energy again. I couldn't believe it would work that fast either, but it seemed to in my case.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » A birthday gift from Humira? How soon can it work?