• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Newly diagnosed

Hi all. I have been reading your posts for about six months. Too afraid to join in because that would mean that I actually have this really annoying disease.
Well I am here now. Here is my story. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas?
About 2 1/2 years ago after a routine colonoscopy for blood in my stool I got a diagnosis of Crohns in the Ileum. I didn't really have any stomach symptoms. I just have always had a sensitive stomach. Well the next year was a wild ride. From symptoms that seemed mild I started getting anal issues, including hemorrhoids, skin rashes(like an Eczema), skin tags, pain going to the bathroom, fissures and bloody stool. Then I began to have knee pain, achilles tendon pain, shoulder and finger pain. I also got what I thought was sciatica but was actually in my sacrum. Then I started getting skin rashes and hives. So I went from being healthy to seeing 4 different types of doctors, having diarrhea regularly, using 6 different creams, OTC pain meds, unnecessary meniscus surgery, inflammation in my joints so severe that I couldn't work out anymore.
So about a year ago I changed doctors, I went to the top gastro doc and rheumatologist. They decided that I have Crohns in the Ileum and Anal Crohns. I also have severe extra intestinal issues, like the rashes and arthritis. They started me on Cimzia end of August. I felt pretty good 6 weeks in for one Month, October. It is Now December and I am the worst I have been with all my symptoms. They increased me to injections every 2 weeks but still no luck, plus I have had a bad cold since September due to the Cimzia. I am seeing both docs Jan 7th. Any suggestions or ideas. I am pretty desperate for relief. It is really getting to me. Thx.

Last edited:
Hi,
I only just joined today, I don't really know how to use this just yet but i'm a quick learner. I was diagnosed at the age of 9 years old with Arthritis in my ankles and feet which further developed into Crohn's shortly after. I spent my 10th and 11th birthday in hospital with symptoms including, heavy vomiting, diarrhea, loss of weight, loss of appetite, swollen joints, fatigue, just generally not being able to walk, eat, sleep. I was introduced to prednislone, infliximab, .. so far I have taken azathioprine, mesalazine, steroid injections for my joints. Since being diagnosed I suffered greatly for 2-3 years prior to being diagnosed however I had a good 3-4 years where everything was perfect, unfortunately my arthritis took a turn for the worse and spread to my knees which re-activated my Crohn's and now I am currently on asacol,prednislone and codeine for pain relief , overall I can truly say I have suffered greatly but I wouldn't change it for a second it has definitely made me the person i am today, I am so much more stronger and appreciative of all the little things in life, don't get me wrong I do hate it , but life wouldn't be worth living without a little struggle x

I'm so sorry to hear of all the pain and struggles you both have been dealing with. I have no advice to offer for relieving your pains, but am sending heartfelt hugs and wishes that you find a treatment that works for you soonest!