Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » Do you have, or had, multiple polyps in your colon?

View Poll Results: Are you aware of the number of polyps in your colon as shown by colonoscopy?
No polyps were found at my last colonoscopy 4 20.00%
I have less than 12 polyps in my colon 8 40.00%
I have more than 12 polyps in my colon 1 5.00%
I was told that I had too many polyps to properly screen for cancer 5 25.00%
I have been told that I needed all or part of my colon removed due to the number of polyps 1 5.00%
I had my colon or a portion of it, removed because of the number of polyps found 0 0%
I have never been told how many polyps were found after a colonoscopy 1 5.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

12-23-2013, 01:15 AM   #1
Sunione

My Support Groups:
Do you have, or had, multiple polyps in your colon?

I am being advised to have about half of my colon removed due to the number of polyps in my colon. The GI doctor and surgeon tell me that because there are so many polyps and they densely cover the colon wall, that I am more likely to have or develop undetected colon cancer.
Thank you for voting.
*Severe reaction to Asacol (nearly bled to death)
*A recto-vaginal fistula named
*Plus another fistula that exits somewhere near my urethra

Some other fun conditions:
*Hypothyroidism
*Degenerative disk disease
*Fibromyalgia
*osteoarthritis
*Carpal tunnel
*Bulging disks in neck
*Depression/anxiety
*Incurable sarcasm
12-24-2013, 11:34 PM   #2
Sunione

My Support Groups:
If any of you have any links to share on colon polyps please post it here. The following link gives a lot of information.

http://www.uptodate.com/contents/col...ond-the-basics
12-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #3
wildbill_52280

why the range of less then 12 or more then twelve? what is so special about twelve?

i had one polyp removed when i was diagnosed with crohn's disease 4.5 years ago.
12-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
jwfoise

I've had a couple of polyps removed over the years; I don't recall a count, but I don't think is a total of 12. I'm back for my next colonoscopy in January (I do them every two years), so I'll have an update then.

@Sunione - "Incurable sarcasm" - Oh, like that's a disease! (as I say to my wife, that's not a bug, its a feature)
01-21-2014, 12:27 AM   #5
Sunione

My Support Groups:
Last visit with my surgeon I asked him to tell me how many polyps I had as seen in my last colonoscopy. He got the pictures onto his computer monitor and together we counted, stopped at 35 but could have kept counting. From the results of this poll, that seems to be a pretty high number?

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » Do you have, or had, multiple polyps in your colon?