Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Stoma Subforum » Something I really like doing since I've had an ileostomy

12-23-2013, 06:18 AM   #1
UnXmas
Banned

My Support Groups:
Something I really like doing since I've had an ileostomy

When I am completely exhausted and I need to get to bed and sleep - which for me is every evening - I get into bed, and then my stomach starts cramping. Before the ileostomy, I'd have to drag myself out of bed, into the cold, and spend a couple of hours in the bathroom, in pain. Now I have the ileostomy I get into bed, and my stomach starts cramping, and I love it because I know I don't even have to get out of bed . I just lie there in the warm, dozing, and the most I'll have to do is get up once to go empty the bag, which takes five minutes.

I can't tell you how much I enjoy lying in my nice warm bed thinking these kind of thoughts!
12-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #2
poopaholic

My Support Groups:
Keep the positive outlook . I believe it may be contagious .
12-23-2013, 07:36 AM   #3
Ejane

How do I start a new post on here? Newbie and on phone
Please help
12-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #4
grt73

My Support Groups:
Hey unxmas,
I totally agree, like you I spent many years in agony. Going to bed knowing I would wake in agony didn't exactly help with going to sleep in the first place. And to think the doc said I was a depressed insomniac with an irritable bowel. Been a year now with my ileostomy and can safely say,like you I'm now happy to be going to bed knowing I will have one or two empties only! For the first few months I was emptying 6 times a night and probably 10 times during the day. I was soo tired all of the time. Now it has slowed down, I think due to copious amounts of loperamide I am much happier in the knowledge I can actually get a semi good nights sleep. It sounds like you have done really well with adjusting to your new appendage, I have found it hard to adjust but am getting there I think. One thing for sure, leaving that level of constant pain behind has got to be a good thing!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Stoma Subforum » Something I really like doing since I've had an ileostomy