• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Now Sinus Infection On Humira

Well I was wondering if infections would happen on Humira. This is my second upper respiratory infection in 2 months. First bronchitis, now sinus infection. Primary is prescribing Avelox which is costing me a fortune in co-pays.

This disease has cost me so much money in the last six months. And now infections. I should finish this antibiotic right before my next Humira shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your not alone.. I have had two tonsil infections and a sinus infection that will not clear up, two courses of antibiotics and it keeps coming back.. I hardly ever got sick before the humira.. But i guess it is still better than the bleeding and pain i was having without it

Well I just had a major asthma attack with bronchitis one day after taking the Humira shot. In the hospital now. Needless to say we are stopping the Humira.
Like you I was hardly ever sick before. This is the 3rd illness also requiring antibiotics. At some point you may find it's just not worth getting sick to feel better. Today I reached that decision.

I have not found that I get the same URI that I used to get every year at Xmas for years before going on H. I'm just getting over one now. I do not blame Humira, I blame my sick co-workers. So, for me, I do not see any more than usual. My entire office has the same virus/URI. However I do postpone my next injection until I feel better.

I get the constant sinus infections as well.... unfortunately there's not much to do to prevent them.

I also get skin infections easily. They seem to come from ingrown hairs and sometimes turn into abscesses (one had to be lanced). For the skin infections I have found that the pre-surgery scrub...I think it's called Hybocleanse helps. I use it in the shower every couple of days (especially after I shave). It has helped to keep the occurrences of these infections at bay.

Have you tried a netti-pot?

Try Zicam at the first sign you might be getting sick. A sneezy day, sniffles, etc. Keep using the Zicam for 7-10 days. It stops a virus from replicating, so you don't have any congestion, so no bacteria. I've used it since it came on the market, and before that I used zinc lozenges. Nasty tasting, but I'd use them again in a heartbeat if they pulled Zicam off the market.