• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Pain after reversal?

Since my reversal surgery I've had pain in the area where I was reconnected...I was told by the doctor that it could be referred pain from the
incisions. It's been 9 weeks and I have been back to work now a week and the pain is still there 24/7 if I put pressure there it seems to be better and if I put pressure around the incisions it doesn't bother me at all ALSO is so much gas part of the deal - you can hear noises from my intestines a mile away. This is all new to me at 57 years old. Thanks

nogutsnoglory

I would think after 9 weeks your surgical scars shouldn't be hurting you much. I don't have experience with reversal but ill tag Samboi who does.

Hi Crash.
My surgery was back in Aug.
My scar has what I consider "twinges". Usually at night when I roll over in bed. It's not really pain per se - it's more a reminder there is a scar there. But it is not full on pain.
About a month after surgery I had sudden and unexpected severe pain at the surgical site. It lasted about a week.
It might be taking you longer to heal.
If it is really concerning you - I would definitely call your surgeon.
Good luck and I hope the pain subsides soon.