• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Annoying my wife

dave13

Forum Monitor
I finally got a clue and realized I was starting to drive my wife nuts with how I approach everything now wondering how it will affect my Crohn's.She has been beyond awesome with her compassion and care since my surgery and diagnosis in 11-13.I feel I really need to focus on my lifestyle from here forward to be as healthy as I can be.I need to differentiate between focused and obsessed I guess.

I have OCD, so I tend to get obsessed with my health issues too. Sometimes my husband will have to point it out to me, and once I'm aware of it, I try to stop. It's difficult to do but sometimes we can drive ourselves crazy by obsessing over things.

dave13

Forum Monitor
I'll try to be aware of what I'm saying and stop myself,if need be,before she gets that glazed look in her eyes.One foot in front of the other...:)

Tesscorm

Staff member
I think I've sometimes annoyed my husband with my concern over my son's crohns, even when he's doing well! :facepalm: Unless it's something urgently wrong, I try to remember a rule my kids' coaches used to have... 'wait 24 hours and then let's talk'. In the coaches' case, it was parents mad over something that happened in a game; in my case, it's usually something new that's come up or I've read about and I am then in a worry over it... 24 hours later, I've researched some more and have realized it's probably not as big a worry I thought it was... if I'm still really concerned about it, I'll voice my concerns. :)

This forum and the members here have been a godsend in this respect... lets me voice my worries and gain some perspective. :)

That would be a great thing to learn. My friends and family ask, but have also said I need to get on a different subject. I guess it is all part of the illness and a common issue.

dave13

Forum Monitor
IBD is a big part of our lives.I'm happy to be back at work because my co-workers are curious about crohn's and ask me questions.I've told them to feel free if they are curious.This allows me to talk about it with people who bring it up to me and maybe gets it out of my system before I get home.I'm also finally getting out of the house more which gives my wife some much needed alone time.I hope I stay in remission for her sanity:ybatty: