• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

So clogged up!

nogutsnoglory

My sinuses are horrible this time of the year. I just purchased a humidifier and Mucinex D. Mucinex helps a little but it's delayed release and with my ileostomy my operating GI is not going to benefit from delayed release.

I couldn't find any liquid decongestant besides the children's ones and I want non-drowsy. Pill is fine too if it's not delayed release.

Any suggestions?

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Mine are awful too.....Sorry I don't have any suggestions of what else to try though.....but I can surely sympathize with you!!!!!

The old granny one is best boil the kettle put the hot water in the bowl towel on head breath in the steam if you,ve got any menthol crystals put ounce in the water.

Me too. I didn't get the flu jab this year - partly cos I forgot and didn't get a reminder, I guess cos I'm not immune comprised any more. Been feeling crap since New Year's Eve, but now left with horrible blocked nose and chesty cough.
Hot lemon sachets have been giving a bit of relief but not much. Think I'll try the steaming = thanks for the reminder.

nogutsnoglory

I also bought this product called Neti Stick which helps a bit but my septum is deviated so most direct inhalers don't do much for me. Thanks guys.

Hi there, neti anything must be cleaned cleaned cleaned!! They can have the possibility to carry bacteria's that could cause infection. There are organic saline nasal sprays to use. Also an air purifier might help - dust and other nasties can get trapped during the cold months while indoors ~ since many keep their homes closed up. Wash all your bedding and pillows to try and rid possible allergens. Also some air fresheners, candles room scents can cause a reaction like you are describing.

Hope you feel better soon.
Peace to you.

I've been getting colds that last for three-four weeks. With some of my meds, there is a drug interaction with decongestants; it can cause high blood pressure, tachycardia, dizziness, and heart palpitations. So I've been using the cold medicine for HBP, not nearly as effective but hey, no heart palpitations. I would just check to make sure decongestants are ok. I hope your sinuses stop bugging you!