Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Stoma Subforum » Cut my stoma and now nervous

01-07-2014, 01:03 AM   #1
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
Cut my stoma and now nervous

I cut my stoma while shaving and it bled a bit but I got it to stop. I know the stoma bleeds easily but I'm afraid my cut will get infected by the stool and create another abscess.

Any tips? I'll take my bag off in the morning to wipe my stoma. I don't want stool to be under the wound when it heals.
01-07-2014, 02:26 PM   #2
Nyx

My Support Groups:
I wouldn't worry about it too much...just keep the area clean. If you want, you can always cut a piece of gauze and put it over the cut, then put your bag on. I've found that cuts heal really fast on the stoma for some reason. My stepdaughter kicked mine really hard and it bled like a mf, and the bruising was brutal, but even that healed in a week.

Crohn's Diagnosis: May 2006
Current meds: none
Surgeries: Colostomy, December 2009

"Never trust a fart." Jack Nicholson, The Bucket List

Oscar is awesome! Loving my life with my stoma (with a hint of poo)!!

01-07-2014, 02:50 PM   #3
grt73

My Support Groups:
Hi no guts,
I wouldn't worry too much either, so long as it has stopped bleeding it will heal real quick. You could sprinkle a little orahesive powder on, if you think back to when the stoma was first formed and what it looked like then, a little cut shouldn't cause an issue. Keep an eye on any colour changes and abscess looking nasties. If anything does change antibiotics should zip it!
01-07-2014, 05:11 PM   #4
nogutsnoglory

My Support Groups:
I'm not worried about the cut healing just about stool infecting it and creating an abscess. After months of fighting absecesses I'm paranoid now.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Stoma Subforum » Cut my stoma and now nervous