Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Think I've got flu and eye infection, really getting me down :(

01-07-2014, 09:47 AM   #1
steph_irish

My Support Groups:
Think I've got flu and eye infection, really getting me down :(

Hi all
I'm feeling sooooo miserable right now. Been feeling achy for a few days now. I'm in so much pain when I breath and all down my left side under my rib. My whole body hurts.
Thought my eyes looked a little puffy yesterday.. I woke up at 2 this morning my eyes were so swollen I could hardly see, and so painful.
I've also got a temperature.

I seem to get every complication at the moment, had cellulitis on both legs which was excrutiating not too long ago.

Oh my god is it ever going to stop , It's really getting me down
Thanks for listening guys

Last edited by steph_irish; 01-14-2014 at 04:08 AM.
01-07-2014, 10:03 AM   #2
mere282

My Support Groups:
Feel better:-).......
01-07-2014, 02:21 PM   #3
steph_irish

My Support Groups:
Really having one of those days. Just realised that was a vent. sick of being sick
01-07-2014, 03:02 PM   #4
FrozenGirl

Aww feel better soon. I have a cold too and it sucks.
Vitamin D 1000iu
Calcium
Tecta 40mg
Remicade: 600mg, every 4 weeks
Methotrexate: 15 mg (injection)
01-08-2014, 04:50 AM   #5
steph_irish

My Support Groups:
Aww feel better soon. I have a cold too and it sucks.
Hope you feel better soon
01-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #6
steph_irish

My Support Groups:
cheers for the replies guys, had to go to A&E yesterday as I was in so much pain.
Turns out I picked up a nasty virus and chest infection. had injection for headaches and nausea, and some more meds to take home. Not too bad today to what i've been dealing with. eyes still swollen hopefully that'll sort soon
01-12-2014, 02:45 PM   #7
mrjohns2

My Support Groups:
What type of injection do they give you for headaches and nausea?
Current Treatment: Humira
Other Meds: Vitamin D 6000 iu, 325 mg Iron, B12 Pill, Fish Oil, Multivitamin
Past Treatments: Enbrel, Humira, Stelera, Prednisone (short run)
01-12-2014, 03:55 PM   #8
ZestforZen

My Support Groups:
Hope you feel better Steph, that's rotten luck. Wishing better luck comes your way soon
01-14-2014, 04:02 AM   #9
steph_irish

My Support Groups:
What type of injection do they give you for headaches and nausea?
HI there I'm not sure he could have stuck me with anything I was in so much pain.
but follow up meds were Naproxen to keep the headaches at bay and Buccastem for the nausea. Blood pressure very low also.
Honestly I've never suffered headache like this, really thought something seriously wrong. Meds doing their job though
01-14-2014, 04:07 AM   #10
steph_irish

My Support Groups:
Hope you feel better Steph, that's rotten luck. Wishing better luck comes your way soon
Cheers ZestforZen, I'm just lucky I'm off work until feb to get myself sorted.
How are you feeling these days? I hope the New year is good for you.
01-15-2014, 02:13 AM   #11
ZestforZen

My Support Groups:
Hi Steph, I'm feeling good, hence not been on this site for a while! Halfway through a 6 week course of antibiotics to treat some kind of liver infection / liver abscess. Having a CT scan at the end of the course to see if it has resolved, but feeling good so I'm hopeful.

New Year was good and i enjoyed eating heaps to put weight back on, trust me it didn't take long at all!! (unfortunately as I was enjoying the diet!)

Hope you can start to turn the corner soon. Flu can lay you low for a while, throw in Crohn's as well and I'm sure it's not fun.
01-15-2014, 04:03 AM   #12
steph_irish

My Support Groups:
Hi Steph, I'm feeling good, hence not been on this site for a while! Halfway through a 6 week course of antibiotics to treat some kind of liver infection / liver abscess. Having a CT scan at the end of the course to see if it has resolved, but feeling good so I'm hopeful.

New Year was good and i enjoyed eating heaps to put weight back on, trust me it didn't take long at all!! (unfortunately as I was enjoying the diet!)

Hope you can start to turn the corner soon. Flu can lay you low for a while, throw in Crohn's as well and I'm sure it's not fun.
I'm glad to hear your coping well and I hope all goes well with your CT scan. It's about time you had luck. I'll send some extra luck of the Irish your way
Take care

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Think I've got flu and eye infection, really getting me down :(