• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Itchy scratchy

M

meowsie

itchy scratchy

Does anyone else's skin around the behind get irritated due to too much wiping? My tushie is really getting itchy due to so much wiping, and I wanted to know how some of you guys handle that. It's got me squirming in my chair trying to get relief. (Quite the funny site, I'm sure. :lol: ) I've tried hydrocortisone cream, but that doesn't seem to be making any difference.
:sign0085:

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Sorry, but I do not have much help :(. I have used vasaline in the past, with some relief, but it is not the wonder cure.

V

Valentina

ouch! Ive heard a lot of people recommend baby wipes instead of just toilet paper, might be worth a try? hope you get some relief soon!

K

Kossy

I agree with the baby wipes. They worked for me. Oh and find some wipes with aloe vera in them

D

Donna

Baby wipes and cool clothes. I hate that feeling, and have used vaseline, preperation H, Tucks wipes (DON'T DO IT!! They burnnnnnnn!!!!). And make sure you get the unscented wipes too, they have less alcohol in them. Plus, you wont have your kids comment like mine did..." Great mom, not only are you no longer potty trained, but now you even smell like a baby!!!". She is such a peach. Ugh.

J

Jonny

Ive used baby wipes thru all my probs with crohns their a god send and baby lotion too for sensitive skin.

M

meowsie

thanks, gang! don't know why I didn't think of baby wipes. :lol:

B

boneyboy

I've heard the baby wipe theory before, never actually tried it. I probably should.

I also got this cream from a naturopath, kinda looks like vaseline, but it's got this Calendula (sp?) herb/thing in it. I'm not sure what it does specifically, but it def works. I've been so bad in the past where I actually get cracks in the skin down there when I was going 15 times a day, and this stuff healed everything up just wonderfully. I should probably find out the shelf life of this stuff and buy 400 bottles of it before it's not made anymore. There's an idea.

M

meowsie

Please, please, what is the name of this wonderful cream?!?!? I'd like to google it and see if I can find out more. Anything to soothe my itchy bum!

J

jlbastian

I know for me it wasn't just because of wiping, it was actually hemmoroids (sp?) so my dr. gave me some prescription suppositories and they wored wonders. Also comes in cream form, but that was really messy.

Definitely on the baby wipes with aloe. The aveeno ones are the best because they also have oatmeal extract as well, and thats proven to help with itching.

I get that every so often like today when I was hurrying up in the bathroom and I did not get as clean as I should have.

Good luck with it.

I use tucks then I put dibucain, or something like, ointment and I feel much better

M

muro

i hate it so much when that happens ... I usually feel it most when i'm at work and every step i take feels like i have some sand paper undies on ... But it happens so irregularly that i don't know what causes it ...

X

xrayzerase

hc pramoxine (prescription hydrocortisone) is helping me especially since right now i am still in flare up.
i get itch/burn/disomfort in/on my "end" from both the wiping and from the stools (which still come like 10 times a day..tho no D since on pentasa/entocort) but-still-burns bad when coming out-and then the itch.
the baby wipes sounds like a great idea too..

Kev

GOD BLESS the generic, un-scented BIG OLD PLASTIC CONTAINER of baby wipes... AMEN BROTHERS & SISTERS. Course, when visitors came over and saw that in the bathroom, there were some funny looks.. Since my kids are grown & gone... Another thing I keep stock of in there is Purell hand cleanser
(you don't want to get a nasty secondary infection... AND the hands are the 2nd dirtiest part of the body... mouth being the 1st). Another item that is of value is un-scented baby talc... Hey, it works for infants & toddlers, right?