Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Imuran/Azathioprine/6-MP » 6-MP and Alberta Blue Cross

01-08-2014, 09:05 PM   #1
Lindsaylou80

6-MP and Alberta Blue Cross

Just wondering if anyone has had issues with Alberta Blue Cross Non Group not covering their 6-MP? My group coverage does but two months of Humira maxed that out so now I'm told I have to pay for the 6-MP. Has anyone else had this issue?

Many thanks!
01-08-2014, 09:17 PM   #2
FrozenGirl

I'm personally covered by employer insurance but I was told Imuran which is very similar was covered if I was under Blue Cross so I'm not sure why 6MP wouldn't be covered. I would push the issue. Good luck!

(Yay another Canadian!)
Vitamin D 1000iu
Calcium
Tecta 40mg
Remicade: 600mg, every 4 weeks
Methotrexate: 15 mg (injection)
01-08-2014, 09:23 PM   #3
Lindsaylou80

I tried to push it with blue cross today but unfortunately walked away without making any friends.

My doctor is going to see what he can do, might have to switch back to Imuran!

Thanks for the advice, hope your cold is gone soon.... It already seems like a crazy long winter!
01-08-2014, 10:32 PM   #4
FrozenGirl

Hopefully your doctor can do something. Thanks, it came at a crappy time with my doctor(and me) wanting to start on Imuran but cold+another immunosuppressant, not a good plan.
01-10-2014, 07:29 AM   #5
Kero

My Support Groups:
Blue cross are jerks I have heard of a many people having issues with them not covering medication.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Imuran/Azathioprine/6-MP » 6-MP and Alberta Blue Cross