Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » For Those Who Use Facebook and are Interested in More Support

01-09-2014, 01:12 AM   #1
Jennifer
Adminstrator

For Those Who Use Facebook and are Interested in More Support

There's a Facebook site called Crohn's & Ulcerative Colitis Support Site. It's private so no friends or family members can see your posts unless they are a member as well. The Administrators were kind enough to allow me to post a link to our forum and in turn I'm posting their site on here in case any of you are interested in checking it out. We all need all the help we can get.
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
01-09-2014, 01:18 AM   #2
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
Can you please tell us more about this group? I'd like to know a little more if possible before joining. Thanks.

Current Meds:
Pentasa 1000mg 2xday or Mesalamine DR 1.2gm 2xday, Canasa Suppositories (when needed) 1000mg 1xday, Tylenol 3 with codeine 300-30mg (when needed)

Non-Meds:
600+D Calcium 2xday, Multivitamin, 65mg Iron 1xday, Fish Oil 1000mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 I.U., Eye Drops 2xday

UP Support Group http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68350
01-09-2014, 01:39 AM   #3
Jennifer
Adminstrator

Sure Cross-stitch gal.

It basically works like any other page on Facebook. People who join can come in and post a question, answer questions or seek out support and meet others who also have IBD. It's a lot like the forum we have yet is pretty fast paced. It may not have the organization that the forum has but it has speed that's similar to a live chat. Also everyone is approved by one of the admins before they can see posts or post themselves so taking part may take a day or so but this also helps to cut down on spam which is good.
01-09-2014, 02:32 AM   #4
dljitx

Hi, I am the owner of the site on Facebook that Jennifer has kindly advertised in this forum. The Facebook group has over 8,000 members and we all support one another, its a live feed group, so what I mean by this, is you post your question and the members will respond to it with the best of their knowledge, as the group is worldwide, you can pretty much get answers 24/7. None of us are Dr's / GI's etc, so any information give is always advised to check with your health care practitioner prior to doing anything.

The group is closed, this means that noone else on your facebook sees what you are writing, unless any family members are members of the facebook group also. So whatever you write, only the members of the group see it and none of your friends etc. If anyone has any questions about the group, please feel free to message me at [email protected]. and if you want to join the group, you have to be registered with facebook, if you are and want to join, please click the link above
Thanks everyone and hope you all have a great day

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » For Those Who Use Facebook and are Interested in More Support