• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Started taking Vesicare

For my IC and am on it for over a week and actually my bladder is worse. There is a nerve through the left side of my bladder and up my stomach that when I push on it makes my bladder hurt a lot. I don't know if this has anything to do with my crohns or not but I'm probably gonna stop the vesicare since its having the opposite effect just wanted some feedback

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I take Vesicare for overactive bladder and haven't had any issues but if it's increasing your symptoms then definitely stop and contact your doctor. There are many other medications they could try besides Vesicare (I'm not sure which ones or how exactly they would help IC). Hope you find something else that works for you.