• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hair loss?

nogutsnoglory

I wish I knew but but hair loss treatment overall seems poor. There are transplants that work but are costly and painful. Perhaps discuss with your doctor about reducing the dose or trying another med?

It's for my son. He's just gone back on remi after quitting for 4 months due to side effects. But he was very sick when off it.

HD

Yes, I think there is some correlation because even the hair on my body stopped growing and changed in texture. My scalp hair thinned as well. I stopped Remicade after 4 infusions because of the extreme fatigue and odd skin symptoms such as rashes, dry skin, and hives.

Has anyone experienced hair loss when on remicade?

HD
I'm on Pentasa and I've lost about 50% of my hair on it. :( I know the feeling!! I still have lots of hair compared to most, but at what point will it stop?! It seems like every time I look at myself I can find new strands of hair all over me. It's depressing lol.. the things we have to go through.