• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Introducing Myself

Hello, my name is David, I've been fighting for 10 years to get my issues under control, keep working, and keep my health and weight up. I'm now 52 and I've reached the life-threatening levels requiring some serious surgeries, a stoma, bone removal, and other serious and permanent damage.

Hi D,
Sorry to hear that, I'm a 40 yr old who has suffered for a long time and had to have emergency surgery last year. Now have an ileostomy and think I'm pretty clued up with what happened to me. This forum is great and there is a world of knowledge from people who care. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask

dave13

Forum Monitor
welcome! My name is David as well and I'm 50.I had a resection 11-13 and this is all new to me.Good luck with the surgeries and use this sights many resources to help you along the way.

David

Co-Founder
Hey David and welcome to the community. I'm so sorry to hear of your struggles :( That's truly heartbreaking.

How are you doing at this point? Are you on any medications that are making a difference for you?

All my best to you.

Hi D,
Sorry to hear that, I'm a 40 yr old who has suffered for a long time and had to have emergency surgery last year. Now have an ileostomy and think I'm pretty clued up with what happened to me. This forum is great and there is a world of knowledge from people who care. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask
Thanks, i am pretty weak still, hard to focus.

Hey David and welcome to the community. I'm so sorry to hear of your struggles :( That's truly heartbreaking.

How are you doing at this point? Are you on any medications that are making a difference for you?

All my best to you.
I am very weak and tired, in a lot of pain. Cipro and cortisone, good pain killers, hot soaks in the tub are my friends. I use DMSO to help the pain, i put it in the tub diluted in the water.

An update, I've been on ciprofloxacn for weeks, i also got prednisone, ct scan, finally an mri. I have reached a bone fusion level. What a strange illness. Doing a lot better now. I can walk again!

Hi David, I'm Eric (40 yesterday!) and just recently diagnosed, so no pearls of wisdom to offer yet! welcome to the forum and I'm glad to hear you're making progress and feeling better. Stay positive :)

nogutsnoglory

I'm so sorry to hear of all your hardships. Are you scheduled for stoma surgery or you already had one? We have a great stoma forum here and everyone is really supportive and knowledgeable as is the case throughout the forum. I am in the same boat as you, got an ileostomy and trying to get this beast of an illness in check.