Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » 5-ASA/Mesalamine » Mesalamine (Pentasa) no longer working??!!

01-19-2014, 04:50 PM   #1
DaBu777

Mesalamine (Pentasa) no longer working??!!

Has anyone ever had this issue? It was working for me for a long time and now the past month, my disease seems to have progressed beyond the point of this drug working any longer.
01-19-2014, 07:57 PM   #2
Trysha

My Support Groups:
hi DaBu
t is possible that you may need your meds looked at.
It could be a good idea to check with your GI soon and let them know so that a review can be made .
Feel better soon
Hugs and best wishes
Trysha
01-19-2014, 08:02 PM   #3
DaBu777

Thanks, yeah, I was supposed to see a GI at the end of the month but I moved so I'll have to schedule an appt. with another one. Sucks bigtime though, I need to remain mentally focused to know that it will be ok.
01-23-2014, 05:25 PM   #4
crohn'smakesmeangry

My Support Groups:
My son is having that issue right now with Delzicol which is also a mesalamine. He has taken it for about 10 months and it seemed to be working great. Now it is not working and he seems to have more pain then he had before taking it and things seem worse. People have said it can just stop working. He was missing some doses and had alot of foods he usually doesn't eat over the holidays- so I don't if the medicine is just failing him now or it is a combination. His Dr gave him some samples of Lialda last week so yesterday he started taking that. It's the same medicine but it releases differently so we thought we'd give it a shot while waiting for the Dr to call back with a plan. Hope you feel better and get it figured out.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » 5-ASA/Mesalamine » Mesalamine (Pentasa) no longer working??!!