• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Question?

I have being taking 100mg Azathioprine, started with 40mg prednisone also still taking 3x3 a day of Balsalazide 750mg.

I was in hospital for four days just Christmas.

I am current still on 20mg prednisone and still issues.
I am waiting results stool sample and water test. It be test for infection.

My question is: if it not infection which cause issues and all blood work which I have done which said Azathioprine is work. What next step?

The crohns is locate in sigmoid colon to splenic to flexure, the last test was fexible camera for sigmoid.

Is possible that the crohns has spread to hepatic flexure, ascending colon and cecum? The pain feel same, slightly more intense.

Last edited:
Hi Josephine its very possible the Crohns may have spread. Mine was always in the Terminal Ileum and I had a clear colonoscopy of the large bowel in early November and then a CT scan last month showed new active inflammation in 3 parts of the large bowel now.

Have they looked into increasing your Imuran? That was what they done with mine and started me on Infliximab. I know how you feel, it just feels like you aren't ever going to get better sometimes doesn't it?

I had GP apt for repeat prec and had brief chat about stomach, was suggest phone IBD Nurse.

I told my partner and before I knew I was outside James Cook Hospital.

I spoke to the nurse, She and I both think that inflammation which cause pain, bloating but obvious depends of what MRI results show. She had feel of stomach and said that no solid lump or massive of tissue anywhere.

She said 'the next step is possible of change medication again to Infliximab or Methotrexate but mean time I being gave 2 months more Azathioprine and tramadol for pain". I plan to take tramadol at evening.

Today.