Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Keeping my family doctor during college internships

01-23-2014, 03:59 PM   #1
sshah

Keeping my family doctor during college internships

Hi guys,
I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on how to keep my same doctor during college and internships when I'm away from home?

Thanks!
01-23-2014, 05:36 PM   #2
strawberrys78

My Support Groups:
Hi guys,
I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on how to keep my same doctor during college and internships when I'm away from home?

Thanks!
I'm in the same boat as you! I live three hours away while I am going to university. I kept the same family doctor which is located at home, and I schedule my appointments with her when I know I will be home (for example, during holidays), but I got a gastro doctor in the town that I am attending university, since she is the one I need to see most often due to my Crohn's problems! I don't know if this may be an option for you
Diagnosed with Crohn's Disease May 2013 after a 2 yr battle. Colonoscopy Dec 2012/MRI Apr 2013. Partial Obstruction discovered Jan 2014, 6 day hospital stay. 30 CM of small/a couple of inches of large intestine removed in laparascopic surgery Sept 10/14 due to not responding to medication.

Currently taking:
Remicade

Previously taken:
Asacol
Pentasa (hair loss)
Cipro (allergy)
Morphine
Flagyl
Imuran (Reaction)
Prednisone
Ranitidine
Atasol 30
Tramacet
Toradol
01-23-2014, 06:37 PM   #3
Cross-stitch gal

My Support Groups:
How far away from home are you two? Is there a way that you can email your current doctor for general things? If it's something that you need to be seen for and it's through the same insurance, your doctor could always recommend that you see someone in your area until you can be back home.

Current Meds:
Pentasa 1000mg 2xday, Canasa Suppositories (when needed) 1000mg 1xday

Non-Meds:
600+D Calcium 2xday, Multivitamin, 65mg Iron 1xday, Fish Oil 1000mg, Vitamin D3 5,000 I.U., Eye Drops 2xday

UP Support Group http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=68350

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Keeping my family doctor during college internships