Share Facebook

01-26-2014, 06:25 AM   #1
lookame

My Support Groups:
I am not one of the lucky ones

I am 9 weeks along today and I am in a flare. My intestine feel swollen and I'm having bloody diarrhea at least twice a day, sometimes more. Along with that i get very gassy which is rather painful. Also lucky me my insurance denied refilling the lialda because they have to talk to my Dr and make sure it's needed...even though i have refills left on my perscription...ugh. i am at the end of my rope i obviously need to call both my GI and my ob bbut i am starting to think i am going to cause some serious damage to the little baby in me all because my body can't cooperate for 9 months. :/

Bloodwork is indeterminate IBD, biopsies are crohns positive, symptoms and visually it's UC

Current meds-
Prednisone, humira, 6mp, and lialda
awaiting surgical consult

Mom of Little Z
eosinophilic esophagitis 5/2015
01-27-2014, 07:21 PM   #2
kimmidwife
Forum Monitor

Hi congrats on your pregnancy. Sorry you are having a rough time. The good news is those little fetuses are stronger than we give them credit for. Just make sure you stay really well hydrated. Eat what you can and try to get plenty of rest. Good luck and keep us posted!

Crohn's Dx'ed Sept 08
Allerg Imuran Sept 08
Fail Remicade Jan 09
Methotrex Oct 09-Aug 11
Pentasa stopped - nosebleeds
EENOct 31 - Nov 28th. Too hard!
Retried Remicade Dec 11
Stopped due 2 Anaphylactic Reaction
LDN Jan 2012-June 2014 Got My daughter back!
New secondary diagnosis: Gastroporesis Dec 2013
Lost remission June 2014
Started Entyvio April 2015. Decreased to every 4 weeks October 2015. Praying for remission.
01-27-2014, 07:54 PM   #3
lookame

My Support Groups:
I got in touch with each of my Dr's today. My GI was really upset I was told to come off the 6mp and we discussed about maybe getting back on it in the second trimester but I was ultimately told it was my decision so my fiance and I are going to talk about it tonight. In the meantime he got in touch with the pharmacy and got a refill on my lialda and is prescribing rosatia (?) enema/sepositories thingies.

I go in to see my ob tomorrow and I think they are going to check for anemia and/or dehydration.

I'm eating when I get hungry and drinking a lot of water (which makes the diarrhea worse) just in a blah kind of mood.
01-27-2014, 08:57 PM   #4
kimmidwife
Forum Monitor

Keep up the drinking. Throw in some Gatorade or powerade. It is not the best stuff because of the sugar but the electrolytes are important with the diarrhea.