Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Mark Silverberg of Toronto, Ontario

Old 01-31-2014, 12:42 AM
NameDr. Mark Silverberg
AddressMt. Sinai Hospital; 600 University Avenue
 Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1X5
 Canada
Websitehttp://www.zanecohencentre.com/physicians/mark-silverberg
Phone4165864800 ext. 8236
BioDr. Mark Silverberg graduated from the University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine in 1992 and completed his internal medicine and gastroenterology training there in 1997. He then completed a PhD studying the genetics of inflammatory bowel disease in 2002 at the Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute (Lunenfeld) of Mount Sinai Hospital (MSH). He is currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Medicine at the University of Toronto, a clinician-scientist in the SLRI and a practicing gastroenterologist in the Inflammatory Bowel Disease Group at MSH.

Dr. Silverberg’s medical practice is devoted to the care of patients with IBD and IBD makes up the majority of his clinical work. He participates in clinical trials and clinical observational research studies in IBD. He is also heavily engaged in training physicians and other allied health staff about the management of IBD.

He is the co-chair of the Canadian GI Fellows Program in IBD and the Program Director of the Advanced IBD Fellowship at MSH. Fellows and students come from around the world to train in this program with the MSH IBD Group.
 View Directory Entry
01-31-2014, 12:47 AM   #2
Anonymous
Anonymous Doctor Reviewer

I've been with Dr. Silverberg for 8 or 9 months now. He is pro-active, on top of new medications and treatments, and has incredible bedside manner. He really seems to listen and his confidence in my ability to get into remission made me feel confident about it too.

I've heard from others that he's strongly in favour of Humira, and from my experience that would be true: since switching GIs to Dr. Silverberg, he's had me on a combination of Imuran and Humira.

He has stated before he doesn't believe in medical marijuana as treatment, although he does understand it purely as palliative care. I've never had to ask him for approval for it, but it sounds as though he might be open to it at least for pain control.

I've never had problems contacting him, although he does not seem to respond to emails, at least without prompting his secretary about them first. Otherwise: I've had good experiences with him and his office.

Rating:
5 / 5 Bedside Manner
5 / 5 Knowledgeable
3 / 5 Open to alternative treatments
4 / 5 Ease of accessibility

Crohn's Disease Forum » Doctor Reviews » Review of Dr. Mark Silverberg of Toronto, Ontario