Share Facebook

01-31-2014, 10:26 PM   #1
lgpcarter

My Support Groups:
Granuloma on fistula

I took a look (well, took a photo of my ass and then looked it ) at my setons and fistulotomy wounds today and was concerned to see a granuloma on the fistulotomy wound.

Wondering if anyone has experienced this and what the implications are? Further surgical intervention going to be required?

What an age we live in, eh? You can use your phone to take a photo of your arse and then compare to pictures you find on the internet. After that you can logos here and ask a bunch of strangers what's going on with your private bits!

Seton placement (2) and fistulotomy December 2013. Setons removed July 2014.

Laparoscopic Right Hemicolectomy July 2016, 25 cms removed

Current meds: Entyvio every 8 weeks, Imuran 50 mg, Flagyl and Cipro 500 mg twice a day
Previously: Remicade, Humira, Simponi, Pentasa, Sulphasalazine, Entocort, Stelara, Methotrexate, Prednisone
02-01-2014, 07:52 AM   #2
Grumbletum

My Support Groups:
Not sure what you mean by a granuloma. Is it like a sore or maybe a healing scab from the surgery? Sorry, my fistula was internal so no experience with setons etc.

Previous: Prednisolone, Mesren, Omeprazole, Infliximab, Azathioprine
Current: Pentasa, Librax, Warfarin
Helen x
02-01-2014, 01:28 PM   #3
justbreathe8

My Support Groups:
I take pictures of my behind all the time. Its the only way to compare how it looked before to how it looks now. I find myself constantly comparing to see if there are any improvements.
02-02-2014, 02:42 PM   #4
Missbudd6

My Support Groups:
I take pictures of my behind all the time. Its the only way to compare how it looked before to how it looks now. I find myself constantly comparing to see if there are any improvements.
I love this post, i am so glad im not alone at doing this, before and after surgery photos are always good lol
44 Lots of surgery to drain and re position setons
Arthritis of joints
Infliximab 8 weekly
Mercaptopurine 20mg
Allopurinol 100mg

Believe thats all :blush
02-02-2014, 03:19 PM   #5
justbreathe8

My Support Groups:
hahah!! Last night my friend was looking at my phone, and I was like, don't look at the pictures, you'll get an unpleasant surprise!! lol. You are definitely not alone! I was reading your closure or whatever they are called, and you have had 44 surgeries? Is that just since you've been diagnosed? Were they all just on the same two fistulas and setons? I have my 4th on tuesday. I currently have two fistulas and two setons.
02-02-2014, 03:20 PM   #6
lgpcarter

My Support Groups:
Just gotta be careful not to accidentally post them to Facebook or Twiiter!

Going back to the original question, though, there is a red growth on the wound that protrudes a bit. I know some people have had them on their stomas so I will hop over to the stoma forum and ask.
02-02-2014, 03:25 PM   #7
justbreathe8

My Support Groups:
Igpcarter- sorry I changed the subject, didn't mean to take away from your question. I don't know anything about that, but hopefully someone else does.
02-02-2014, 03:31 PM   #8
lgpcarter

My Support Groups:
Oh no, don't feel bad! Totally fine. Nice to be around people who appreciate how difficult it is to take a photo of your own ass!
02-02-2014, 04:05 PM   #9
justbreathe8

My Support Groups:
haha for sure!!
02-02-2014, 04:30 PM   #10
Missbudd6

My Support Groups:
Lol i have mine saved in a separate folder on my phone just in case. I would die if it ended up on my twitter/facebook lol

Yeah all 44 surgeries have been on just those two, i kept getting recurring infections and they kept closing up and not healing inside. I had one recently on the 8th Jan, i have two fistulas with two setons drains.

With reference to the first questions, i have had this before on my wound only way i can describe it is like a small blood blister, mine just gradually went away but it was very sore.
02-02-2014, 05:02 PM   #11
justbreathe8

My Support Groups:
ooh wow, you have gone through a lot! I hope they eventually heal! I have the same problem, the exit hole keeps healing too fast
02-02-2014, 05:17 PM   #12
Missbudd6

My Support Groups:
Its a nightmare but they are apart of me now lol. Hope all goes well for you