Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Strictures & Obstructions » Stent placed for stricture

01-31-2014, 11:23 PM   #1
jlm

My Support Groups:
Stent placed for stricture

I've been having arough go with vomiting, nausea, and bloated Ness. I have a pylori stricture for a while. Scoped in June unable to Dialate. Scoped in December able to dialate. It only lasted about 10 days before symptoms came back. Scoped last Thursday and this time it only worked for a few days .

I've been miserable just couldn't throw up anymore. Met with my GI 2 days ago and she suggested having another GI try to dialate, give it a last ditch effort. So they organizedthis super quick and I was scheduled Iin today. Got to my appt and Dr moffat came to see me. He had a new suggestion about putting in a stent. Ive never heard of this. I normally dont make decisions lightly and research everything. I was so incredibly fed up that i immediately gave him permission to put in the stent if he thought it was a good fit. so i left there today with a pyloric/duodenum covered stent. Theyre going to remove in 4-6 weeks hopefully this keeps the stricture open.

Anyway anyone have any experience with a stent to keep a stricture open?
Nightly TPN.
Four resections.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Strictures & Obstructions » Stent placed for stricture