Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Infliximab and Weight gain

02-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #1
Lulu24

My Support Groups:
Infliximab and Weight gain

Hiya, so iv been on infliximab since last summer with great results, iv read quite alot about weight gain being a side effect but if it helps with my crohns whats a few extra pounds i thought and so iv watched my weight steadily creap up so iv gained about 20lb, i wasnt expecting it to be so much but I'm dieting and have been for 2 months now so I'm slowly getting back to my ideal weight. I had my infusion yesterday and have noticed from yesterday I have put on almost 8lb is that normal or should I buy some new scales lol?? HELP!!

BEEN ON -Azathioprine, 6MP, Prednisolone, Pentasa, Budesonide, Budesonide foam, Humira, Methotrexate (injection and tablets), omeprozole, folic acid, Vitamin D,Vitamin B12, calcium tablets.

NOW ON - Infliximab (8weekly) Azathioprine & charcoal tablets.
02-06-2014, 03:42 PM   #2
mish2575

My Support Groups:
The reason is that your body is working now. It's absorbing the food rather than sliding it through your system so fast. it actually means that your meds are working and your body is recovering.

It sucks but its now time to start changing your diet/lifestyle. Same thing happened to me. I finally joined Weight Watchers to get on track.
02-07-2014, 03:33 PM   #3
Lulu24

My Support Groups:
I started slimming world, but I'm okay with it weight gain doesn't seem that much of a biggy in the grand scheme of things. Think the half a stone in a day was down to the scales :s phew panic over lol....my sister whose weight is stable lost half a stone today on the same scales. Time to invest in some new ones

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Infliximab and Weight gain